|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|For:||Michael De Santa|
|Location:||Michael's House, Rockford Hills|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Franklin gets killed
Jimmy gets killed
Sentinel is destroyed
Not saving everyone in time
|Reward:||Los Santos Customs|
Michael as a contact for Franklin and vice versa
Jimmy as a contact for Franklin.
|Protagonist(s):||Michael De Santa|
The Long Stretch
- "You know, I've been in this game for a lot of years, and I got out alive. That makes me the right age. You look like a good kid. If you want my advice, you give this shit up."
- ―Michael De Santa to Franklin
The mission can be started as either Michael or Franklin. If the player chooses Michael, a cutscene at Michael's mansion shows Amanda and Tracey arguing over whether Tracey can have a male friend stay the night. Michael retreats out to the pool with a drink and listens to music.
If the player chooses Franklin, the mission begins with Franklin approaching Michael at the pool.
Franklin and Michael talk. Franklin is interested in learning from Michael's criminal experience, but Michael claims that he's retired and encourages Franklin to go to college so he can "rip off people and get paid to do it." Still, Michael takes an interest in Franklin and offers to buy him a beer at a nearby bar. Franklin accepts. The two start to leave, but are interrupted when Michael gets a call from Jimmy; to which Jimmy informs Michael that he tried to sell Michael's yacht, without his father's permission. The buyers steal the boat instead, leaving Jimmy to cower and hide in the boat's bathroom as the thieves drive it on a trailer down the Great Ocean Highway.
Michael and Franklin take Amanda's Sentinel and head to Pacific Bluffs. Along the way, Michael states that while he's retired, if Franklin sufficiently impresses him on this outing, Michael might teach Franklin a thing or two. They reach the Great Ocean Highway and they spot Michael's yacht flying by, pulled by a Packer. The two give chase as the thieves follow the Del Perro Freeway. To save Jimmy, Franklin jumps on the yacht and deals with the goons on the stern before retrieving Michael's son. However, Jimmy gets hit by the boat's boom and ends up dangling over the freeway while holding on to the boom. Michael pulls up close and Jimmy drops into the Sentinel. Michael then gets near enough to the boat so that Franklin can jump to safety.
Michael wants to pursue the thieves but the engine of the Sentinel begins to sputter and die, due to a goon shooting it. The goons, unfortunately get away, leaving Michael disappointed. The three drive to Los Santos Customs. Michael takes a taxi while Franklin and Jimmy get the Sentinel repaired. Following that, Franklin drives Jimmy home.
- Go to the Del Perro Freeway.
- Follow the yacht.
- Keep the car stand so Franklin can jump on the yacht.
- Kill the thief before he throws Franklin out of the yacht.
- Rescue Jimmy before he falls.
- Go to the Los Santos Customs.
- Repair Amanda's car.
- Return to Michael's House.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Quick Catch - Rescue Jimmy within 10 seconds
- Not a Scratch - Deliver Amanda's car with no damage
Daily Globe Newspaper
"Motorists on the Del Perro Freeway were thrown into a panic when a high-speed gun battle broke out between two vehicles, one of which was carrying a yacht. What sparked the clash and the identity of the two groups of men involved is not yet known, but this leads us to our reader poll of the day: "Is a drive-by shootout over a luxury yacht a sign that Los Santos is in economic crisis, or out of economic crisis?""
- Jimmy De Santa - "So yeah sorry about the boat i was just trying to use my initiative and make a contribution to the finances like you keep saying i need to. Gotta get creative in a recession! At least i was outside right??? That home invader turned out to be pretty cool, btw."
- @muttonjohnpoo - "You know you're in Los Santos when...there's a driveby shootout on the Del Perro Freeway over a yacht."
Shock and terror on the Del Perro Freeway earlier as two groups of men engaged in a high speed gun battle over a luxury yacht. The Weazel News team was there just minutes too late, as usual, and spoke to this man. "I thought it was a joke or some prank until a bullet came through the window and tore through my artery. Now if you don't mind, I need to go to the hospital."
- The song Michael listens to at the beginning is Phil Collins' "I Don't Care Anymore" which is one of the songs of Los Santos Rock Radio.
- Once you drive to Los Santos Customs the radio wiill be tuned to the same station and will always be playing Simple Minds' All The Things She Said.
- When Jimmy first calls Michael, he tells his father that the thieves are traveling along the "Western Highway." However, there is no road with this name in the game.
- This mission is similar to part of the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, where Sweet Johnson jumps onto the back of the firetruck similar to Franklin jumping on the yacht. Then when the side of the yacht swings out, and Jimmy is left dangling from it, it is simliar to when Sweet was left dangling from the ladder of the fire truck. This is also similar to the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas mission Highjack, where Cesar jumps from the bike onto a truck.
- The mission can be triggered by either Michael or Franklin.
- The cutscene is featured in the second Trailer of the game, only that Michael there was seen shirtless, where in the final release, he is wearing clothes and complete with headphones.
- A Willhelm scream is heard when Franklin throws the first person off the boat.
- Michael's car engine stalls after it is riddled by too many bullets. However, this is impossible in free roam, as the car engine would either never stop or be destroyed.
- If the player has beaten or lost Hao's race prior to completing this mission, he will comment on the player's victory or loss as the player enters the garage.
- Alternatively if the player hasn't done any of Hao's races, Hao will comment that Franklin really needs to sign up for the races.
- While chasing after the boat, the music that plays bares a slight resememblance to the song Rio by Duran Duran.
- After the end of the mission, Jimmy will send a text message to Franklin asking him to accept his friend invitation on Lifeinvader, however, there will be no friend invitation on Franklin's Lifeinvader page.
- Forrest Simon chronicles the events of this mission in an article for the Daily Globe.
- It is rare to have the trailer being pulled by a white Phantom.
- The trailer can't be found in freeroam. It consists of a large red boat trailer with a thin structure, carrying the sailboat on the right.
- The Marquis appears without the mast, because the same one is carried at the right side of the trailer.
- If Michael fails to catch Franklin before the truck drives away, a special cutscene will play, in which Jimmy makes a comment "at least you got your son". Michael then gets angry and yells at Jimmy about Franklin saving him. The mission will be failed, because Michael didn't save everyone in time.
- After fixing the Sentinel in the LSC, if the player enters any of the mod category (Armor, Turbo, Bumpers etc.) Jimmy will comment on the modification.
- This is one of few, if not one of the only missions in which you'll find a 2-door car carrying more than 2 people, briefly after catching Jimmy.
- Interestingly, when the truck goes under the the tunnel near the beach, just after coming out, sometimes the MTL Flatbed carrying a Gaunlet can sometimes fall on its side even if it isn't near the truck yet, as it normally falls over when it sees the truck piling through the traffic.
- A random prison bus can be seen near the end of the chase scene, it is occupied by a mechanic character, strangely.
- The Sentinel only takes 2 shots from the gang before it shuts down, rather than the normal 20, though this was to make the mission the way it ends.
- If you replay this mission and have modified Amanda's Sentinel, it will have all modifications in the mission, but will strangely keep the default paintjob (red). Also applies to Franklin's Bagger during Repossession.