|For the HD Universe counterpart, see FIB.|
|LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY|
Federal Bureau of Investigation
|Common name:||Federal Bureau of Investigation|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto II|
Grand Theft Auto III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
|Location(s):||Torrington, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
Grand Theft Auto 2
In Grand Theft Auto 2, the FBI will only appear when Claude Speed acquires 5 stars. They are the third type of law enforcement to appear during a wanted level, with the first being the Police, the second being the SWAT and the last being the Military.
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
FBI Agents wear blue jackets with "FBI" printed on the back in nearly all of the GTA III era games (excluding GTA III itself). In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories they wear black vests over grey t-shirts with "FBI" printed on the back with dark glasses. The FBI agents are well armed in all appearances, and their vehicles are generally extremely fast. The FBI comes with four agents in each car, and since they are well armed and very accurate, they will kill the player extremely quickly if they have an open range. They carry MP5s in all of the GTA III era games except for Grand Theft Auto III, where this weapon is unavailable, and instead they carry AK-47s and pistols (when killed).
- In HD Universe, Rockstar changed the name of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) into the Federal Investigation Bureau (FIB) because of legal issues with the real Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Grand Theft Auto III
- In GTA III, the CIA Agents (guarding the Shoreside Lift Bridge in Marked Man) and Liberty City Port Authority officers (in the hangar from Grand Theft Aero) share the same character polygon as the FBI Agents. However, the CIA Agents wear all black, while the Port Authority have different caps.
- In the GTA III 10th Anniversary Edition, the FBI agents have had the lettering changed from FBI to FIB. This does not apply to the name of the FBI Car, however.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, some missions have FBI wielding Micro SMGs instead of SMGs. The same case is equivalent to the SWAT in missions wielding SMGs instead of Micro SMGs.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- The FBI Washington in GTA Vice City Stories is the only FBI vehicle in all of the GTA series to be colored white.
- The FBI in GTA Vice City Stories seem to be one of the most hostile in the GTA III era as their blockades will instantly blow up or heavily damage your car on sight. The best way to maneuver through a blockade is to get a bullet-proof car.
- Federal Investigation Bureau, HD Universe counterpart