Filling Stations, also known as Petrol Stations, Gas Stations or Service Stations, have featured in every game in the Grand Theft Auto series since Grand Theft Auto III. As limited fuel is not a game mechanic in GTA games, they are not interactive, except for in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, where they are used to create molotovs, however the pumps can be blown up with a collision or gun shots, and some service stations in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas have accessible interiors, being the same as 24/7 stores.
In GTA San Andreas, the prices on the Xoomer gas station price boards reflect the prices of fuel in California circa 1992 - $1.34 to $1.49/gallon.
GTA III Era
- Going , with a filling station in Idlewood, Los Santos.
- Gasso, with a filling station in Dillimore, Red County.
- Tosser, with a fuel pumps attached to The Welcome Pump Bar in Dillimore and a filling station located in Montgomery, Red County.
- Xoomer, with filling stations located across the State of San Andreas.
GTA IV Era
- RON, the largest petroleum refining and sales company in Liberty City, with filling stations located in every borough of Liberty City.
- Terroil, with a filling station located in Lancaster, Algonquin - Liberty City.
- Globe Oil, with filling stations located in Suffolk and Algonquin in Liberty City and a filling station in Tudor, Alderney City in the State of Alderney.
All featured stations from GTA IV return (minus those in Alderney, due to its absence), as well as several more which are more depots than stations. These can be used to play the molotov minigame, in which fuel is purchased then guided into bottles in order to produce Molotov Cocktails.