|Genre:||GTA III: 80's Pop|
GTA LCS: Italo Disco
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Host:||Reni Wassulmaier (formerly) Toni (currently)|
Flashback FM, also known as Flashback 95.6, is a radio station in Grand Theft Auto III, and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. In GTA III, the DJ is Toni, who also appeared as a DJ in Flash FM in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. However, in GTA Liberty City Stories, the DJ is Reni Wassulmaier, a character who also appeared in GTA Vice City Stories.
Both incarnations of this station play music almost exclusively by Giorgio Moroder. The GTA III playlist is notable as all of the songs featured are from the Scarface movie soundtrack, which was produced by Moroder, a film that has been cited by the developers as a significant influence on the game. Toni's name is possibly a further reference to the movie, as the lead character's name is Tony Montana.
In GTA III it has also been noted that on some if not all versions of the game Toni is saying "This reminds me of waking up on the Duran Duran Tour Bus and just as she begins to say 'Duran Duran' the audio cuts out for a second and picks up again at 'Tour Bus', this could just be a bug, but chances are. It was removed on purpose.
GTA III Playlist
- Debbie Harry - "Rush Rush"
- Elizabeth Daily - "Shake It Up"
- Paul Engemann - "Scarface (Push It To The Limit)"
- Amy Holland - "She's On Fire"
- Elizabeth Daily - "I'm Hot Tonight"
GTA Liberty City Stories Playlist
- Giorgio Moroder - "I Wanna Rock You"
- Giorgio Moroder - "E=MC²"
- Giorgio Moroder - "From Here to Eternity"
- Giorgio Moroder - "Chase"
- Giorgio Moroder - "First Hand Experience in Second Hand Love"
- Giorgio Moroder - "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone"
- All songs featured on Flashback in GTA III are from the Scarface soundtrack.
- In GTA III this is the Colombian Cartel's second favorite radio station, however in GTA Liberty City Stories this is the Triads' favourite radio station.
- In GTA III, Some of the Hoods' may randomly sing "Push it to the Limit"
- Most of the songs of the GTA III playlist on the station (except "Push It To The Limit") have a similar tempo.
- The radio station's designation is totally fictitious, as FM radio stations in the United States only have an odd number (1,3,5,7 or 9) after the decimal point.
- This radio station could possibily had been a hint towards the next upcoming game in the GTA series. As GTA: Vice City draws major influences on Scarface, or simply that the developers got the idea of making GTA Vice City out from the radio's atmospherical impact on GTA III.
Grand Theft Auto III soundtrack:
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Liberty City Stories soundtrack: