(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
|Manufacturer||Vapid (HD Universe)|
GTA San Andreas
The Fortune bears a striking resemblance to a 1989-1993 Ford Thunderbird.
GTA IVThe Fortune is now manufactured by Vapid, with sports styling similar to the Sentinel sports compact. The body shape is still based on the 1989-1993 Thunderbird, the front seems more generic (somewhat like the Uranus from GTA San Andreas) and the taillights have a design that is reminiscent of the 97-98 Lincoln Mark VIII, which is based on the Thunderbird, but the front end is loosely based on the 1994 Nissan Silvia S14 (Silvia in Japan, 200SX in Europe, and 240SX in North America) while the headlights were based on the 6th generation Toyota Corolla (E90), possibly, the Fortune is still based on the combination between the 1989-1993 Thunderbird and some Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) sport coupes like the Toyota Corolla Levin (E90), and the Nissan Silvia S14, but the rear end is possibly based on the 1990-1995 Mazda Cosmo Sports car. Though, Mazda and Ford were partners in business from 1978 to 2010.
GTA San Andreas
Acceleration and speed are well above average, but not overly impressive with the front-engine, rear-wheel drivetrain, likely powered by a relatively small V6. Handling is satisfactory, although understeer is evident. The brakes are strong, but the E-brake tends to throw the car into an uncontrollable slide around corners, even at lower speeds. The car pretty much drives like the real Thunderbird from the 1990s. Even the V8 ones are slow because they are underpowered (140 hp for the 3.8L V6, 215 hp for the 4.6L V8 and 230 for the 5.0L V8) and are very heavy (3700-4100 lbs).
GTA IVThe Fortune 3.0 SR returns with a stock 3.0 V6, coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in an FR drivetrain layout. Much of the old performance is retained, keeping acceleration and a new top speed of 183 mph. Due to the Fortune's 4-wheel independent suspension, handling also remains good. Oversteer is still a factor, causing the rear wheels to smoke after sharp turns. Braking is very good, though ABS is not available on this vehicle. Accident deformation is below average, meaning the Fortune will not sustain many hits before being un-drivable. The engine however is more sturdy than the car, and will take multiple hits and gunshots before failing/catching fire.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- The Fortune can only be modified in a TransFender garage.
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
GTA San Andreas
- The Fortune can be found all over the state, in more urban or residential areas in Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Spawn all around Bohan.
- Spawn around Middle Park, Algonquin.
- Lyle Rivas owns one which can be obtained through the mission Search and Delete.
- In its appearances in GTA San Andreas and GTA IV, the Fortune plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- In the beta version of GTA San Andreas, the Fortune had a different headlight shape.
- Woozie uses a pink Fortune in Wu Zi Mu.
- In GTA IV, the Fortune has a unique horn sound.
- In GTA IV, when you crash into it when a NPC is driving it, it may catch fire and explode.
- The name "Fortune" seems to be a combination of "Ford" and Thunderbird", e.g., FordThunderbird.
- The Fortune is likely a successor to the Peyote, as these vehicles are both based off of different generations of the Ford Thunderbird.