|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Vice Point, Vice City|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Player's death|
Leaf Links Country Club
Country Club Outfit
- "The property business isn't all about high-falootin' paper pushin'. It's about dirt...and the will to claim that dirt!"
- ―Avery Carrington.
Four Iron is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City given to protagonist Tommy Vercetti by property developer Avery Carrington from his limo in his construction site in Vice Point, Vice City.
Tommy Vercetti drops by Avery Carrington's construction site in Vice Point for to look for work after the two met at Ken Rosenbergs office. Carrington informs Vercetti that he has a problem with a rival property developer who is refusing to sell some land he wants. Carrington asks Vercetti to 'persuade' the property developer into selling. Carrington then informs Vercetti that the developer is playing golf at the Leaf Links Country Club and that he'll need a a golfing outfit to enter through security.
Vercetti then leaves and stops at the Jocksport clothes store to purchase his new outfit, before driving to the Leaf Links Country Club. Vercetti passes through security, who confiscate his guns. Vercetti then locates the property developer, playing golf at the far side of the course. Vercetti, however, is spotted and security begin to attack him, with the rival property developer fleeing in a Caddy. Vercetti chases and kills the property developer, before leaving the country club.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and pick up some golfing clothes from Jocksports
- Now head to the Leaf Links Golf Club
- The target is at the driving range enjoying a game of golf. Make sure it's his last.
Tips and Tricks
- You can finish the mission without killing the property developer, just push it into the water that will be given the task as complete, but the death toll from the Stats menu of the game does not increase.
- Push the three Caddys next to the driving range into the water before confronting the property developer, so the bodyguards will be unable to join the chase.
- The player can enter the country club by using a vehicle to jump over the fence, or by jumping onto a wooden bridge close to the Links Bridge. This method allows Tommy to keep all his weapons.
- If you get a pistol before entering this mission, and use the method above, you can - if you stand far enough away - shoot the property developer without the bodyguards even noticing you, making this mission considerably easier.
- You can also shoot the property developer if you stand far enough away with a Ruger. It can be found on the roof of El Swanko Casa (even before purchase). The Ruger is a better choice, as it can kill the developer from a distance much easier than other weapons.
|iPad 2 Version|