République française (French)
France is a country in Western Europe with several overseas territories and islands located on other continents and in the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic oceans. Its capital and largest town is Paris. There are a few but subtle references to France in the Grand Theft Auto series.
- Ulrika Afrique, the girlfriend of the Zaibatsu boss in the Anywhere City chapter Uno Carb, has the French word Afrique in her name. Afrique is French for Africa.
- There is a French flag in the Orbit Building in east of Belleville Park, Staunton Island.
- "Belle ville" is French for "beautiful city".
- Claude, may be french as Claude is a French name.
- Pierre La Ponce is from France.
- In the mission Mall Shootout, Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez sends Tommy Vercetti to retrieve some guidance chips used in French missile technology. The deal goes awry and is ambushed by French law enforcement.
- The GIGN (Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale) and DGSE (Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure) make two appearances, once in the mission Mall Shootout when intercepting the deal between Tommy Vercetti and Pierre La Ponce, and a second time in the mission All Hands On Deck when they attempt to capture/kill Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez.
- The Haitians speak some French words with, sometimes, the Haitian Creole accent.
- There's a store in Little Haiti called Belle Maitresse Beauty Salon, "Belle Maitresse" means "Beautiful Teacher".
Liberty City Stories
- On the LCFR radio station, there is an interview with a French cook who explains how to make Cock-o-Vin.
Vice City Stories
- The Le Singe d'Arbre is a French-named store in Little Haiti, it means : The Tree's Monkey, however the phrase is on the incorrect French language, the correct form is: "Le Singe de l'Arbre".
- Some pedestrians speak French.
- Paris can be seen on the television channel CNT.
- According to Weazel News, the French Government is considering requesting the return of the Statue Of Happiness.
- Babiesovernight.com offers "Feminine chain-smoking French babies".
- Derriere - A business, it means "behind", it's to a synonym to the human buttocks, like seen in the store logo.
- Fourchette - A clothing company , seen in Peepthatshit.com, it means "fork".
- Le Chien - A high-fashion clothing company featured in Peepthatshit.com , it means "the dog".