| MISSION |
Franklin and Lamar
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Del Perro, Los Santos|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Deal is disrupted
A vehicle is driven into the dealership
Cops are led to the dealership
|Welcome to Los Santos achievement/trophy|
Ability to play as Franklin
Franklin's Buffalo S
- "Franklin and Lamar repossess two convertibles for an Armenian car dealer, Simeon."
- ―GTA V description at Rockstar Games Social Club.
- Lamar: "You the one all pumped up on doing this lick, nigga. I'm getting my money in the hood, I'm straight fool. I'm cool."
- Franklin: "You cool? Cool what? Slinging dope and throwing up gang signs?"
- ―Franklin and Lamar at the beginning of the mission.
Nine years after the events of the Prologue, Michael De Santa is having a conversation with his therapist, Dr. Isiah Friedlander. Michael grows increasingly disgruntled at the fact that he is going through a midlife crisis, beginning to release a small amount of stress by shouting at Friedlander that the dream life he desires is disjointed, thus ending their brief session for the day.
Michael heads outside and rests his mind on a bench. This brings him into an encounter with Lamar Davis and Franklin Clinton, who he reluctantly leads into their repossession location. The story then focuses on Franklin as he anxiously questions Lamar's motives for proceeding with the repossession, as he doesn't see it as legitimate work. They arrive to their location and after Franklin decides which vehicle he would like to acquire, he accompanies Lamar on a high-speed joyride throughout different parts of Los Santos.
Franklin and Lamar end their cruise at the Union Depository parking lot. As the men exchange repartee's with each other, they hear the LSPD sirens, which causes them to escape in different directions to lose the unwanted attention. Once the heat is dealt with, Franklin meets Lamar at the back of the Premium Deluxe Motorsport dealership, where they witness their boss and owner of the establishment, Simeon Yetarian, berating a young man, Jimmy De Santa, for making racial comments about him (the actual reason for this being that he is trying to scam him into buying a BeeJay XL, something that Lamar himself points out to Franklin).
Both Lamar and Franklin exit the the dealership and head to the latter's house, where Lamar makes fun of Franklin after he's been denied access to Franklin's home. The mission concludes as Franklin walks around the house, which also leads to a small introduction of his aunt, Denise Clinton.
- Follow Lamar.
- Lose the Cops.
- Take the car back to the dealership.
- Go to Franklin's house.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Not a Scratch - Deliver the repossessed car with minimal damage.
- Try to avoid crashing. Use Franklin's special ability to avoid collisions.
- Focused Driver - Use Franklin's special ability for 7 seconds.
- With the other objectives, this one should come naturally.
- Winner - Win the race against Lamar.
- Before entering the Union Depository, there will be two tunnels. Lamar drives through the right-hand tunnel. Drive through the left-hand tunnel and use Franklin's special ability to overtake him.
- We Come in Peace - Avoid hitting any aliens in the movie studio.
- Use Franklin's special ability to navigate the studio.
- Darryl Knox - "Am I dreaming or did I just see you and Lamar tearing up the Del Perro Freeway on some sick wheels?"
- @nobbly_head - "just saw 2 crazzzzy hoods racing boosted cars on del perro freeway sweet ass convertibles too!!"
- This mission is similar to the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas mission Test Drive, in which CJ and Cesar steal two cars from a car dealership and must escape from the police.
- Jimmy claims that he would never use the word "nigga" and is not racist, yet when Franklin breaks into Michael's house to repossess Jimmy's car, Jimmy can be heard shouting "nigga" at another player on his video game.
- If Franklin gets in a fight while Lamar is riding in the Buffalo, Lamar will not assist Franklin.
- The radio is automatically tuned to West Coast Classics and the song playing when Franklin begins racing with Lamar is always "Appetite For Destruction" by N.W.A. In the enhanced version, however, the radio is tuned to Radio Los Santos and the song playing when Franklin begins racing with Lamar is always "Bad News" by Danny Brown & Action Bronson.
- According to a pre-released screenshot, this mission was originally meant to take place at night instead of morning.
- After the cutscene turns into gameplay, Michael will no longer be sitting on the bench.
- As both Franklin and Lamar pull away with the boosted cars, they race along the many streets of Los Santos before finally reaching Simeon's dealership. The entire sequence of the race is scripted, beginning with and including: a Youga, a Flatbed, a Manana and four Intruders along the Great Ocean Highway, a Manana and three Intruders on the Bay City Incline, an Intruder and two Mananas on Bay City Avenue, a PCJ 600, a Burrito, nine Mananas and eleven Intruders along North Rockford Drive, two Burritos, three Mananas, five Intruders and a group of cyclists along Marathon Avenue, a Manana driving down Heritage Way, an Intruder and a backing up Benson on Red Desert Avenue, a Packer, a Youga, two PCJ 600s, four Intruders and five Mananas on or near South Rockford Drive, three Mananas and three Intruders on Prosperity Street, two Bensons, six Mananas and six Intruders on Palomino Avenue, an Intruder traveling along Lindsay Circus, two Mananas and six Intruders along Calais Avenue, a Bus, a PCJ 600, two Intruders and three Mananas on Vespucci Boulevard, a Burrito and four Intruders within the adjacent parking lot, two Intruders on San Andreas Avenue, a sole Intruder on Las Lagunas Boulevard, and a Benson on Alta Street.
- If the player doesn't leave Simeon's dealership straight away, he can be heard talking with Jimmy. Jimmy will get in the car and start it, and later on, when the conversation ends, Simeon tells Franklin to go away.
- Franklin's wanted level is capped at two stars during the mission.
- Franklin cannot use his Special Ability until the tutorial prompt tells the player how to activate it.
- If Franklin's car gets heavily damaged, some dialogue will change including when Franklin and Lamar stop and get a wanted level, and during Simeon's phone call after the mission. Screenshot.