Fredo Volpe is a 42-year old capo in the Messina Family who has been a police informant since 1998. His LCPD profile states that he has collected thousands of hours of wire tap evidence. He has a brother named Mark Volpe, who was believed to have sliced the tongue from a Messina member for hinting that Fredo was a possible informant. Rudy D'Avanzo, deceased cross-dressing mobster found out that there was an informant in the ranks, but sent the assassin, Huang Lee after the wrong man in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, this man being Jimmy Capra.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Fredo
Place of Birth: Dukes, Liberty City
Affiliations: Messina Crime Family
- 1982 - Accessory to Murder
- 1983 - Possession Controlled Substance: Heroin
- 1985 - Armed Robbery
- 1986 - Armed Robbery
- 1993 - Extortion
- 1995 - Grand Larceny
- 1998 - Possession Controlled Substance: Tranquilizers
- Police informant since 1998.
- Has collected thousands of hours of wiretap evidence. Should be enough to bring down the entire Messina Syndicate when arrests are made in the new years.
- Younger brother of Mark Anthony Volpe. Another Capo in the Messina family.
- Agreed to become an informant when evidence of plot by senior family members to castrate him was revealed.
- The name "Volpe" means "fox" in Italian, which is quite ironic with his sneaky actions (informing the police).
- In real life the Volpe brothers were racketeers from Turtle Creek Valley, Pittsburgh who had ties to the Pittsburgh crime family during the Prohibition era.