|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Franklin's House, Strawberry|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Michael De Santa
|Unlocks:||The Ballad of Rocco|
Cleaning Out the Bureau
|Unlocked by:||Pack Man|
Franklin receives a menacing phone call from a triad member claiming that they've kidnapped Michael and that they're torturing him right now, as evident by the screaming in the background and with Trevor refusing to help, it's up to Franklin to rescue Michael, alone. While Franklin doesn't have much to go on, he manages to pinpoint the Triad's location by using an app on his phone called Trackify. As Franklin tries to look for him, Michael tries to tell the leader Wei Cheng that he is not gay, but he refuses to believe the truth and turns on the machine and leaves.
Unlike standard GTA fares where the GPS would automatically indicate the shortest route to your destination, the player is only given a vague beacon to follow. Once arrived to the Triad's hideout, a Meat Processing Facility, Franklin finds a ladder which would take him to the roof of the factory, where a narrow walkway will lead to the front of the building. At this point, Franklin sees two Triad members and kills them, either stealthily or guns blazing. Franklin is sure he has the right location, as he hears Michael's scream from somewhere in the factory.
After shooting through the Triads, Franklin turns a corner and sees Michael alive, yet strung up by his feet and soon to be joining the other swaying, upside-down corpses as well if Franklin doesn't react quickly. Franklin kills a Triad member who was pointing a gun towards Franklin threatening to kill him. Franklin then tosses Michael a pistol while players are given the option to switch from Franklin to Michael. If the players decided to switch to Michael, they'll play as the latter who is still hanging upside-down as even more Triads burst into the room. One goon charges at Franklin and tackles him to the ground and prepares to stab him, and Franklin struggles with the goon. Michael must save Franklin by shooting the goon as fast as possible. After both men clear out all of the Triads, Michael lowers himself to the ground and is shown to be in a large amount of pain as he was stripped to a bloody vest and holding his side. Both protagonists must drive away from the facility with the Triads right on their tails (They can either drive off and risk being chased or can just shoot them before leaving the factory). After being dropped off, Michael thanks Franklin and heads in his house. Michael washes the blood off him and changes in a different suit.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Switch Limiter - Don't switch more than 3 times
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting of at least 70%
- Headshots - Kill 10 enemies with headshot
- Swift Race - Rescue Michael within 3:30
- Sense of Direction - Don't use a map waypoint
- This mission is similar to Dead Meat, a mission in Liberty City Stories, which includes a murder at a meat factory.
- It's also similar to The Meat Business, a mission in GTA San Andreas, that involves the protagonists trying to escape from a shootout in a meat factory.
- Most of the intro cutscene was improvised due to Trevor falling on the fence.
- On a few occasions in this mission an enemy is knocked into a meat grinder and, in one case, a tub of acid. Coming into contact with either kills the player instantly.
- After the mission, Trevor can call Wei Cheng and he will inform Trevor that Michael was rescued along with antagonizing Trevor some more.