- "We call this little baby the "Buzzard"! She will pick the bones of your enemies clean."
- ―Frickie Van Hardenburg.
Frickie Van Hardenburg is a character featured in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
Frickie was said to be a "controversial South African who was accused of financing conflicts and a string of humanitarian crimes. He had also been linked to weapons smuggling, gem dealing, the slave trade, and drugs; all allegations which he strongly denied.
Events of The Ballad of Gay Tony
Luis Fernando Lopez is ordered by Yusuf Amir to steal Frickie's Buzzard. He makes his way to Frickie's yacht using Yusuf's speed-boat. On the yacht, Frickie delivers a short speech on his helicopter, giving Luis the time to steal the Buzzard unnoticed.
Taking the Buzzard, Luis is ordered by Yusuf to destroy the yacht. Luis uses the helicopter to destroy the yacht. The yacht is then blown up, killing Frickie and most of his men. His surviving guards attempt to escape the sinking boat, but Luis chases them down.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Frickie Van Hardenburg owns a Super Drop Diamond like Yusuf Amir, and later Luis Lopez. The three of them are the only known owners of a Super Drop Diamond.
- Frickie Van Hardenburg's backstory and criminal enterprises are very similar to those of Claude Wome so it is possible that Rockstar had originally intended to use Wome in his role but changed this some time during the development of The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Frickie can be briefly seen giving a speech about the Buzzard to his guests in the lounge room, but if the player enters the lounge room, he won't be there.
- Interestingly, in the original GTA IV files, there is a model for Frickie despite him not appearing in the game. He even has dialogue, such as "I am Kenny Petrovic!", indicating that he may have been the original model for Kenny Petrovic.