| MISSION |
Friend or Foe?
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars|
|Location:||Bohan Industrial, Bohan, Liberty City|
|Target:||The Midtown Gang|
|Unlocked by:||A Shadow Of Doubt|
- Triad: "Hsin has given us authority to do 'whatever it takes' to get those files."
- Huang: "Whatever it takes'? Why don't we just ask to see them? They're supposed to be loyal to Hsin, right? Nobody needs to get hurt."
- Triad: "I wonder why Hsin thinks you're the rat? You're more like the village idiot."
- —Huang Lee and Hsin's men about to steal FIB files from Koreans
The next destination is the Korean gangsters' hideout. Get out of the van and go to the market area to set the explosives through a memory minigame. The explosion blows a hole in the wall through which Chen and the other man walk in, and the player must get back in the van and back it up to the hole in the wall.
Next, the player needs to defend the entrance to the back alley, walk to the new waypoint and take cover near the wall at the entrance. Gangsters will roll up in cars and get out to try and enter the alley. The player must kill them (Molotovs and a sword work well) and watch the radar for a group of enemies that enter from the opposite side of the alley. Kill them and then get back in the van.
Drive back to the garage and expect some weak resistance on the way. Ignore the Korean gangsters' cars and just drive to enter the garage. As the player enters the garage, there will be a touchscreen mini-game to crack the safe. Place the stethoscope on the safe and then rotate the dial until the stethoscope beeps. Just stop rotating the dial to place the number on the safe. Then start rotating the dial the opposite direction to find the next number. There are three numbers to find and when all three have been found the safe will be open and the mission complete.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the van
- Collect the explosives
- Drive to the Koreans' building
- Plant the explosives while Hsin's men guard the entrance
- Get back in the van
- Reverse the van up to the wall
- Get out of the van and guard the entrance
- Take out the Koreans who are defending their building
- Hsin's men have got the safe. Get back in the van and get out of there
- Take the safe back to the garage
- Go to the garage
- Break into the safe
Mission Replay description
"Hsin wanted absolute assurance that the Midtown Gangsters were loyal.
He sent me and some of his goons over to their base of operations to look at their files and ledgers.
Things got confrontational - and Hsin's goons' explosives didn't help - but at least we got what we went for."
|Friend or Foe?|