Friggin' the Riggin'
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Torrington, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Unlocks:||Love & Bullets|
Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop
- "Well, we certainly can't trust them. No, it's best if they all have a MAJOR malfunction, if you catch my drift."
- — Donald Love.
Friggin' the Riggin' is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Donald Love from Donald Love's apartment in the Torrington district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops round Donald Love's apartment, and Love informs Toni that the Forellis own a share of the company making the voting machines. Love tells Toni that even he wouldn't rig the vote, and that Toni should go down to the factory and cause a malfunction. Toni first goes to Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop and collects a flamethrower that Love had already paid for. Toni then drives to Fort Staunton, killing a number of Forelli family gang members and destroying eight pallets of fake ballot papers and then the two printing machines. Two Forelli vans attempt to escape, but Toni chases them down and destroys them, completing the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop
- Get the flame thrower from Phil Cassidy's gun shop
- Go to the Forelli Warehouse and torch their ballot papers
- Torch the ballot and destroy the printing machines
- Destroy the remaining Forelli vans
- Now get out of Fort Shaunton
- The third part of the mission - chasing the vans - can be avoided if Toni destroys the two vans parked outside the facility before going after the machines. Some grenades spawn near the vans if the player doesn't want to use limited flamethrower fuel; alternately, a vehicle equipped with an 8-ball bomb will also take out the vans. (As a bonus, the explosion may also take out one or more of the pallets inside.) If this strategy is followed, all Toni has to do after destroying the presses and pallets is to leave the Fort Staunton area.
- The name of the mission is a reference to the Sex Pistols drinking/pirate song "Friggin' in the Riggin'", also known as "The Good Ship Venus".