From Zero to Hero
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
|Location:||Downtown Vice City|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocks:||Brawn of the Dead|
Vice City Beach
|Unlocked by:||The Bum Deal|
- "I agree, man, I 100% agree. That's why we're gonna get this one big pay day for all the hard work and split. Jerry Martinez...It's his coke. "
- ―Lance Vance
- "Oh...Fuck it. You know what? Let's do it. "
- ―Victor Vance
Lance has discovered that a cocaine shipment coming into the city and wants to steal it, although Victor is not interested until learning the shipment belongs to Vic's bitter enemy Jerry Martinez. Victor and Lance leave the hotel room and drive to the docks in Little Haiti in Lance's Sentinel XS. They are met by some of Martinez's men, who they kill, and then steal the two Barracks OLs containing the cocaine. Lance and Victor drive off, managing to avoid more of Martinez's men in Bobcats and Sentinel XS'. They reach the bridge connecting to Washington Beach, where Martinez begins to fire missiles towards the two from a Hunter. Victor and Lance manage to get to the other side of the bridge where the VCPD are waiting, which scares off Martinez. Victor and Lance then drive to their new safehouse, driving the two trucks into the garage.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Drive to the docks in Little Haiti
- Take out the gang members. Protect Lance and the trucks
- Get in the truck
- Follow Lance
- Cross the bridge and avoid incoming fire from the helicopter
- Follow Lance
Post mission pager message
Louise Cassidy-Williams: Lance tells me you're gonna be rich... Does that mean you don't have time for me no more?
The reward for completing the mission is $3,000. The Brawn of the Dead mission is unlocked by completing the mission, as are the Ocean Beach, Washington Beach and Vice Point districts. The mission also unlocks pilotable aircraft and boats (and their related side-missions). Plus, new vehicles such as the Infernus become available (making it possible to complete the Civil Asset Forfeiture Impound side-mission). Also, it now becomes possible to attain a 6-star wanted level.
- The radio news report that follows successful completion of the mission contains a continuity error. The announcer says that flights from Escobar airport have resumed. However several earlier missions such as Snitch Hitch involve Victor meeting people coming in on flights, and airliners can be viewed taxiing on the runways. (It's possibly only outgoing flights have been stopped).
- When you steal the Barracks OL, the radio station will be tuned in to V-Rock and the song "Holy Diver" will always play.
- If you fail the mission, you will respawn next to the South Bridge and it will be blocked again.
- After completing this mission, no more missions will be available on the mainland.
- Sgt. Martinez is implied to be piloting the Hunter helicopter in this mission. However, in reality, US Army Warrant Officers fly the Apache (Hunter's real-life counterpart) and so Martinez shouldn't actually be using it.
- Two of Lance's lines in this mission "I have a dream" when they leave the apartment and "Rich at last, rich at last, Thank God Almighty we are rich at last!", reference to Martin Luther King Jr " I have a dream speech." Which he said during "The Washington March" althogh he said "Free at last" instead of "Rich at last".