Welcome to GTA Wiki's Community noticeboard.
Talk page rules apply here.
This noticeboard is for discussion and voting on changes to the wiki, reporting vandalism and wiki rule breaking, and reporting bad or unfair behaviour from GTA Wiki staff.
For requests for promotion, please go to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
We currently have a lot of staff so there will be no more Patroller requests for a while. Current Patrollers may request to be promoted to Admin status by voting on the Requests for Promotion Page.
Since voting about a change can cause arguments, here are the rules.
- Anyone can start a topic for a community vote.
- Please be civil when voting, and never condemn another users vote.
- Voting usually lasts 3 to 5 days.
Please input your new requests above the old ones. That way, we can easily spot it rather than looking for it.
Templates for New articles
At the moment a couple people use mine, I think. I created a blank template to quickly create a new article with the structure according to the MoS (copy and paste). I'm thinking maybe we should have a blank template for each MoS and then maybe link them to community messages so others can quickly create articles using them. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 10:10, September 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 20:20, September 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) 20:51, September 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. Altaïr Skywalker 47 (talk) 10:15, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- During the recent run of information I was able to create the base of a vehicle article in about four minutes. I am a bit used to it, yes, but having the blank template available does help streamline the process of creating multiple articles within a certain discipline. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 20:33, September 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Agree but I want the to do the weapons template/standard page myself also if I have some time I create weapon status template like your vehicle statuts template. AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) 20:51, September 13, 2013 (UTC)
Image Policy 'group'
- This idea was suggested by User:Instulent.
So, a few weeks, during a chat conversation, Instulent suggested to create a group of editors who will keep an eye on the files uploading and are able to delete images that: break the policy violations, inappropriate content, duplicates, un-used images etc. <-that was edited by Instulent
This idea is meant to maintain the images uploadings during and after the release of GTA V.
- Yes - VaultBoy Tom (Talk | Edits) 18:34, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Agree - --Tony1998 (Talk * Contribs)-- 19:32, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- See my comment - Dodo8 Talk
- Yes - AK-28 (Talk ★ Edits) (Talk ★ Edits) 20:06, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Agree --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 22:08, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 10:01, September 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Due to how high the image policy violations are right now when GTA V hasn't even been released, I think this will be a good idea, especially for when GTA V is released. VaultBoy Tom (Talk | Edits) 18:36, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Ilan, I thought of this last year and consulted you about this. The GTA Wiki Photo Patrollers. Remember, Patrollers and trusted editors? - --Tony1998 (Talk * Contribs)-- 19:32, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- As much I would wish for this to happen, it would be kinda useless. The Patrollers don't have the power to edit or to delete images. So only admins can be part of this group, but I don't know if most of them will have time to do it.Dodo8 Talk
- Abandon project then? Instulent (talk) 20:12, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- To avoid mass clutter, I think any image that doesn't get used within 24 hours of its upload should be removed. Then we can keep track of what's coming through. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 10:04, September 7, 2013 (UTC)
Hi guys. Basically, I think that we should take down the Featured Images section of the main page. I think this because I believe that it looks messy, boring and frankly, I never notice it. So yeah, I think it should be taken down. VaultBoy Tom (Talk | Edits) 16:55, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Kingrhem (Talk • Edits) 18:09, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Instulent (talk) 18:14, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:49, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Could Be - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 10:34, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, maybe change it to the latest screenshots of GTA V? Instulent (talk) 18:14, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Latest screenshots sounds good. Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:49, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with the idea, and Instu's idea is good too, but I think the purpose of that particular section is showing "good quality" images, I think that's the only reason for it being placed there. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 10:34, August 11, 2013 (UTC)