|This page documents the official Policy of the GTA Wiki. It concerns standards that all users should follow.|
The following is a list of Policies applied on the GTA Wiki.
Bureaucrats and Administrators may issue Blocks in the case of repeated denial of Policies. If you're unsure and you have any questions regarding any policy, then please contact a Staff member, as we do our best to help editors.
GTA Wiki Policies
- The GTA Wiki:
- Has certain steps on what to do during a dispute.
- Is not censored. Profanity in articles should be done only in an encyclopedic manor.
- Assume Good Faith: Assume that the other editors on the Wiki mean well.
- Civility: Be civil in your dealings with others. No personal attacks, unnecessarily abusive language, patronizing behavior, baiting, etc.
- Disruptive editing: Considered closely related to incivility.
- Vandalism: Is not tolerated (edits designed to harass other editors or degrade an article's quality).
- NSfV: States that vandals and spammers should not have monuments to their "success".
- Edit Wars: Will result in the warred-over article being locked temporarily.
- Image Policy: Must be followed by all users and is non-negotiable.
- Usernames: Deliberately offensive, misleading or otherwise problematic usernames may be blocked at the discretion of any administrator.
- Ownership: The GTA Wiki is a public domain, and no editor owns anything. If you post anything here, expect it to be edited mercilessly.
- Multiple accounts: Are forbidden, with a select few exceptions.
- Wikilawyering: Is forbidden.
- Manual of Style: Editors are expected to follow GTA Wiki:Manual of Style while editing.
- No Copying or Importing from Grand Theft Wiki: Content of any sort (texts, images) from the website grandtheftwiki.com to the GTA Wikia, by their request.
- No one operating the GTA Wiki: Has either Checkuser or Oversight rights. If you need those rights, please visit Wikia Central and follow the instructions there.
- No Fan fiction: If you wish to add Fan fiction articles, do so on the GTA Fanon Wiki.
- No Myth-related content: If you wish to edit about myths, do so on the GTA Myths Wiki.
- No Leaked Information: If information about an unreleased game was released through illegal means, it may not be posted on the wiki.