Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Requests for Oversight and Checkuser must be done at Wikia Central (and they'll probably be declined).
Rollback is a tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active for four months with no rules violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at sysop discretion.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users votes, such as changing a no to a yes, will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests
Tony_4-2-8-1-9-9-8 (a.k.a Tony; Mr. T.) - Request for Administrator Rights
Hello GTA Wiki Staff. My name is Tony and I hereby request for Administrator rights. So far, I have amassed only a mere 500+ edits which I know isn't quite the edit prerequisites for an admin, but I should have made more edits, but my Internet was down for nerely two months. I edit only a little on the weekdays, due to my school studies being limited of my free time, but I edit more on the weekends. As a Patroller, I've dealt with arrogant users who dare to vandalise this wiki and reported them to any admin available (ask M.K.). At times, any large scale edits that are needs of improvement, I had did my best to fix them at once. Plus as any nice guy, I had helped other users to understand about this Wiki in general. With my grant for administrator rights, I will do my best, along with the current admins: Ilan, Winter Moon and Mikey Klebbitz, to make GTA Wiki a reliable GTA source and a safe haven for editors/contributors, readers and GTA fans. Please leave your vote and your comments below and I will respect any of your opinions. Sincerely, Mr. T. (talk) 20:15, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 20:26, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Thomas0802 (talk) 23:37, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Talk
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:42, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 16:15, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 19:05, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:23, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Tom Talk 15:04, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
- You have been a Patroller for a long time, made a significant amount of edits and are a really nice guy. I think that you'll know what you're doing so I'm going to leave it at that and see what the other guys vote. Good Luck!!!! VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 20:26, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I think the same like Vaultboy, you have been a nice user and with significant edits, I think you can, you would be cool as admin. Thomas0802 (talk) 23:40, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- You have good edits. I just hope that someday you and Sasquatch will stop threatening me for every comment I add.
- IWe're not therating you. Be nice with others and you will get the same in return. Mr. T. (talk) 10:29, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Good edits, active most of time, good patroller...can anyone find a reason not to vote "Yes" for T? - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:46, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- He does his job right and he's damn good editor and, Never heard anything negative on him. %100 yes. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 19:05, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- You deserve to be an admin. Some people like dodo, just are not cut out for the job. Also the way you handled the interaction ban was the best thing, and showed admin qualitys. Good Luck! Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:28, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
- It doesn't look like my vote will matter but I don't think you're ready yet. Tom Talk 15:04, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
Thomas0802 - Patroller
Hello everyone, past less than a month I'm here in GTA Wikia, like GTA series has always been my passion since years ago, I found this Wikia in 22 february and I'm really addicted to this page, I love helping to create pages, add quotes and edits. I have over 750 edits and I'm doing : +50 edits per day at weekend, and between 20-25 per day at normal days. In a few days I can reach 1000 edits, With help from some users like Ilan and principally Dodo8 I would ask for the patrollership, however I saw user with less edits than me and with the title of patroller, I would have it too, it would be a big pleasure, I'm doing for GTA Wikia always the best, completing stubs, adding images to non-images pages and even with my own screenshots, so I'm asking you guys about my patrollership. Please if you appreciate, give a yes and I will be very happy. Thanks a lot. Thomas0802 (talk) 13:02, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - istalo (Talk to me) 13:45, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:32, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:36, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- 'Yes -' Ray boccino (talk) 16:47, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 20:08, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:11, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 15:04, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
- You did a great job since you joined the Wiki. You're one of the most active users I ever seen. Also your edits are quality edits, plus you added many new pages. I really wish to have someone like you in the staff. I hope the rest think the same!
- ...Same as Dodo, you're one of the most active users, and I see no problem of you being a patroller. istalo (Talk to me) 13:45, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I see no reason to vote no. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:32, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- It has all been said, the reasons you already said are the reasons why I voted "Yes". Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:38, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- You have made an amazing amount of edits in such a short time and they have all brilliant. I think you will be an amazing Patroller. VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 20:08, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Same as VaultBoy, you make a lot of good quality edits. Plus you have added many little-know businesses throughout GTA SA which is a hard thing to do. I also like how you always include pictures in your articals. You'll be a great patroller! Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:15, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
Boomer8 - Patroller
Hello I'm Boomer8 and since there's a space for a patroller on the GTA Wiki, I think I would be a great one. After joining in August, I've made 550 edits to the wiki. I have also added some pretty good pages to the wiki including the Zancudo River, The Blackmailer, the Russian woman, and others I can't remember. I have been playing GTA for six years now, so I know alot about the series. I own GTA IV, its episodes, and GTA SA. I get along with pretty much everyone on the wiki and I would love to be part of the GTA Wikis staff so I can help new users out and help keep this wiki clean. Also with GTA V coming out I would like to be a patroller so I can protect this wiki from vandals. Please vote and leave a comment. Thankyou. Boomer8 (talk) 02:59, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes (with reservations)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:37, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:24, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 12:55, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - istalo (Talk to me) March 11, 2013
- Yes - Mr. T. (talk) 23:07, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:32, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 13:35, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I know you're on the wiki for a long time and did some good edits. You aren't as active as we'd wish, but is enough to be a patroller. So I vote Yes (with reservations).
- I think your edits are good, and while you could have more edits, I think you'll be a good patroller and make more edits. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:40, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I think you have made good edits and contributions to the wiki. I remember when you created the Zancrudo River page I thought to myself, "now thats someone whos on the ball". Someone who is up to date and is looking for new GTA V info would be a great patroller. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:24, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- You've been editing here for quite a while and you have a lot of edits. VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 12:55, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- You've made significantly edits, and now you're more active, so I think you're ready to be a patroller. istalo (Talk to me) March 11, 2013
- After looking through you edits, almost half of them are just adding catagories and a quarter of them adding very little information. Although I did find some useful info adding on pages. I don't know, I have to give a little more thought on my vote.
- Closing this as successful. Messi1983 (talk) 13:35, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
Sasquatch101 - Admin
I would like to just start off by saying how greatful I am that I was promoted to patroller a few weeks ago, and that I would be like be of more help in growing, and further keeping the GTA Wiki clean and healthy by being an admin. I am very passionate about the GTA games, and have great respect for there attention to detail, and the art form from which these games have pioneered. To date, I have created an artical for every street in GTA IV, as well as many others (343) and have uploaded 43 videos and images since 11/8/12. My edit count is over 900, but honestly for me it's about making the GTA Wiki the best it can be. I would love to join Ilan, Mikey and Winter moon as an admin to make sure the GTA Wiki is covered 24-7 from vandals. Ilan and Mikey are both anchor the European/middle east, and portugal time zones. So they are only available in certain parts of the day because of where they live around the world. I live in the U.S., CA, which time zone is pacific, so I would be available for editors editing in that part of day. This would insure vandals as well as people looking for help will always has one admin available throughout the day. I have the utmost respect for the GTA Wiki and it's staff and would love to give more through being an admin. Thankyou. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:07, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 16:30, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - istalo (Talk to me) 16:55, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- No - JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 18:17, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Steve Greg (talk) 22:07, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- No -
- No - Tom Talk
- No - Jeff (talk|stalk)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 17:49, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- No - VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 20:19, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Mr. T. (talk) 00:08, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
- No - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:32, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Sasquatch, I think you would be a good admin. You have good edits, and I think you would be of help. Your English could do with some improvement, yeah, but the rest is very good. It's a "Yes" by me. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 16:35, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I see no problem of you becoming an admin, since you have good edits, and as Mikey said, your english can be better, but anyway, you created a special wiki just for myths, so I'd say Yes to you. istalo (Talk to me) 16:55, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Judging by the response that was given to LS11sVaultboy, I think that it also too early here to be promoted to admin. Sasquatch was only promoted to patroller status a month ago. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 18:18, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Too soon after being promoted to Patroller. Also I just don't think you're there yet. Keep learning about Wikia, deal with a few issues with vandals or just struggling users and show that you'd make a good admin, maybe try again in a few months. Tom Talk 19:57, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Probably some day, but not so soon after promotion. Try again in a couple months. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:54, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Per Tom and Jeff. Messi1983 (talk) 17:49, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- I just agree with everyone else. You've only been a Patroller for a mere 2 weeks meaning you need to wait so we can see if you're good enough. VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 20:19, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Per Tom and McJeff; Too soon, and your edits are not good-quality. You're doing good, but you can try your best, I know you can. Mr. T. (talk) 00:10, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you all for the feedback. I compleatly get where you all are coming from about applying too soon and needing to hone in on my grammar skills a little more. I love being a patroller and will always be of service to the GTA Wiki. I look forward to continuing to better the GTA Wiki any way I can. Thanks all! Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:25, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't consider you are prepared for Adminship. Most of your current edits are useless: blog posts and adding the [ and ] on the names of streets, etc. I see this wish of yours as a thing to show off. You are the least active patroller...
- Dodo first off fix your signature. Your false claims about "I'm the least active patroller" are absurd. If that were true how is it that I have amassed over nine hundred edits and am active everyday of the week??? It is quite obvious that you still have a chip on your shoulder towards my vote on you not becoming an admin. You still haven't grown up, and matured, and are actually embarrassing yourself now in this petty attack on me. The funny thing is that it is your edits that are most inferior currently on this wiki. All your doing is proving yourself to be a troublemaker here. Your condesending, aggressive style is definitely NOT a quality admin and won't be tolerated here. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:34, March 17, 2013 (UTC) </span>
- My signature is fine. I don't know why it collided with your comment. Secondly, I am becoming civil. Since the admin request I helped users. Ask Thomas0802, I encouraged him to become a patroller because of his amazing skills. And how could you say my edits are inferior when the only thing you do is adding categories? I don't want to fight no more. I'm tired of this. Everybody thinks I'm a "tyrant".
- Enough you two. You've made your point and nothing else needs to be stated. I have a block button which I'll use if I see you two arguing on this comment section again. Messi1983 (talk) 13:27, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Anyways, closing this as unsuccessful. Messi1983 (talk) 13:35, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
Mikey Klebbitz - Admin
Hey, Wiki Staff! I hereby request to be promoted to administrator.
Why? Well, because:
- I've been helpful with vandals, throughout my patrollership;
- My grammar is good, though English is not my mother language;
- I'm active here and I do a lot of good edits;
- And I think I will be of even more help, if promoted to admin.
Also, it has come to my attention that the Wiki could use some more admins, and I think I would be fit for the job.
Write your votes and opinions below.
- Yes - VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 16:06, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 16:41, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes -
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:03, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 12:42, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Jeff (talk|stalk)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 12:54, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- You were the first member of staff that I met on this wiki and when I did meet you, you were really nice and helpful and gave me tips on how to become a Patroller just like you. We've caught many people together, especially the 22 guy which we tracked for ages for about 2-3 days. I think you would make a great admin, hence why I voted yes.
- I have nothing "bad" to say about you, you've been a trustly editor and a good friend. Is up to the admins if they consider you would need more experience or you should be promoted.
- I have voted "yes" because I belive you are responsible and admirable for the admin position. Being trustworthy, professional and fair, are key attributes that any good leader needs and you got it! Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:03, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I do not see a reason why you shouldn't be an admin. So it is a yes from me. Messi1983 (talk) 12:42, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I've rarely seen anyone put as much effort into improving his editing as Mikey did. Speaking as someone who blocked him once during his newbie days, I think he's earned this promotion. Jeff (talk|stalk) 07:23, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- @Jeff, and you said I was the one who couldn't deal with newbies...
- Sorry for my late vote and comment, I'm really busy these days. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 12:54, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Well this is a clear cut successful vote. So I am closing this as successful and will promote Mikey as an admin. Messi1983 (talk) 13:34, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
Dodo8 - Admin
Hello. I have over 1,300 edits, I'm active everyday (beside school hours), and I'm here from more than a half of a year. I still have some problems with my grammar, since I don't always know which time I should use (Past Tense Simple, Continuous, etc.) I want to use the Admin rights to do some modifications to the templates and to be able to rename pages. I actually asked Ilan XD if he could help rename the "era" pages (that if I become an admin). Well, that's pretty much all. I won't be dissapointed if I'll fail. I don't want those rights just to show off, I want to use them in the right way. Thank you. (time filed = 08:47, February 25, 2013)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 15:54, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 17:03, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - istalo (Talk to me) February 25, 2013
- No - Sasquatch101 (talk) 05:39, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 07:03, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
Yes (with reservations)No - Jeff (talk|stalk)
- Yes (with reservations) - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 09:30, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- No - JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 11:54, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Tom Talk
- No - Mr. T. (talk) 23:14, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- For starters, just a little "introduction". I remember Dodo was one of the first members of the wiki staff I met, if not of the whole wiki. I saw his edits were very good. That hasn't changed. Now, there's also those minor spins with English grammar, but I'm sure he can get over that, besides he's in school, so he's ought to speak English with fluency, in a short notice. I believe he will be a good admin, a good help against vandals, and thus, deserves adminship. BTW: If Dan, Jeff or Tom decide to "teach" you on how to become a better admin, then I will also agree with them, as they will be of great help. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 16:03, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, what can I say. You've been editing here for a long time and you have a lot of edits. These edits are all very good edits but like Mikey pointed out, keep working on your English, you're almost there! We've taken down quite a few vandals aswell so I know you're capable of stopping vandals. Good luck! VaultBoy Tom (Talk to me this way) 17:03, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- You have done tons of good edits, helped with vandals, and your english is better, so I think you'd be a good admin here. istalo (Talk to me) February 25, 2013.
- You have made lots of edits to the wiki, but I don't think you have all the skills to become an admin yet. Sasquatch101 (talk) 05:39, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I am with Sasquatch on this one. Besides, judging by your comments on a few blogs, I do not think you're mature enough yet for the responsiblity of becoming an admin. So it is a no from me now, and I think it'll be a no always, nothing personal. Messi1983 (talk) 07:03, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I respect your decision Messi, but what about you, Sasquatch? Aren't you the guy that always added myths to the wiki? What about that blog post when you said we should have porn in GTA V? I still don't remember why you were even promoted to patroller. Oh, and just to let you know Messi, when the Empires & Allies Wiki admin left, I was the guy who re-constructed the wiki. I added like 20 pages per day, and not blank pages. I learnt how to read HTML script by myself so I could contribute to the wiki more and more. Look at this page, check all the subpages, then look at this last event page I created before I left the wiki. All the events pages between those I showed you were created by me. Yeah, maybe you'll consider this comment "immature", but it's just the truth. 08:06, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- @Dodo: The comment above is immature; going so far to say why Sasquatch got promoted over a little thing. See Dodo, we all make mistakes, new users especially, but when you come and see a new user's mistake, you start a rant. Over that Super Silver The Hedgehog's Blog on you telling him to go away and saying that he "pisses you off" that goes to show that you are not in requirements to be an admin. The fight between you two shocked me. I've never seen Dodo go off the deep end. You even wanted me blocked because of that GTA V not being at Gamescom back in June when I barely knew how a Wiki worked. You said that I lied and "you should be blocked for saying untrue things". If you were admin and if every new user came along and messed up, they'll be on the block list for sure because of Dodo's short fuse. Mr. T. (talk) 23:26, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd like to see Dodo fix his signature. See how his somehow displays the date underneath the rest of the signature in a grey box? That shouldn't happen. I'd also like to see the blog posts Messi has a problem with before I vote. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:23, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm trying to fix it. I think I'll just get a new one, since I just can't find the problem.
- There is a few I do not like, but this reply on this blog springs to mind, because it prompted me when I read it to post on his talkpage about his bad attitude. Also I did not like his comments this blog. Telling someone to quit dreaming when they express the wish that one day they want to be an admin on this wiki is a bad attitude. I have nothing against Dodo personally, but I just cannot trust him with the tools. His attitude to me spells "I will block whoever argues or disgarees with me". I maybe wrong and I maybe right, but just my opinion. Messi1983 (talk) 23:19, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I've thought long and hard about this particular promotion. If it wasn't for the interaction with Rigby2000/Super Silver The Hedgehog, this would be a pretty easy pass. As it is, I've been torn between thinking the amount of good edits completely outweighs the amount of bad edits and that he can be overruled by a bureaucrat if he treats someone unfairly, and thinking that being mean to newbies is one of the worst traits an admin can have.
- I'm voting "Yes, with reservations". Basically, I think the good we'd get out of promoting outweighs the bad, and if it doesn't we have a demotion policy that we haven't even used once yet. Although with my 'yes', he's still a bit short of the 70% yes he'd need to be promoted. Jeff (talk|stalk) 02:12, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- @Dodo, What are you talking about? I never have added myths to the wiki. In fact I created an affiliate wiki, the GTA Myths Wiki at Jeffs request because there were people on the wiki that kept making myth pages. So get your facts right. Two, my blog post was an open ended question if GTA V should have hot coffee (which is ubsurd). You also tormented and harassed Super Silver Hegehog who contacted me out of feeling bullied off the wiki. I told him to come back (keep in mind I wasn't even a staff) but he obviously felt intimidated. That incident alone called for your demotion. Finally, you were only on this wiki a few months before me so dont pretend you have seniority over me. My opinion is that you were promoted to patroller prematurely and do NOT have the patience nor discipline to be a patroller let alone an admin. Need anything else cleared up??? Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:05, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Certainly, my "fight" with Knuckles wasn't just because I didn't liked him. I supposed he's just a kid who doesn't even know to write, and he aspired for an Admin position without any edits. Next time something like this will happen I'll just pass by. About The Hedgehog, I had even more reasons. He added all those questions we couldn't even answer on blog posts, talk pages and even created an article about them.
I promise I won't do that again.
- Originally, I had no real reasons to not give Dodo a 'Yes' vote, but after several comments here and there, I had a little more mixed opinion. Yes, I still gave a 'Yes' (with reservations, just like Jeff), but both Dan and Sasquatch have a point. Now, I'm not saying here someone is 100% right, nor wrong. It is just their own different opinions, and I respect that. Yeah, I agree with Dan that Dodo has some "flaws" regarding his attitude, but that alone doesn't really change my vote to 'No', as I still consider his edits to have a large weight in my vote, and in terms in edits, Dodo has been a big asset to the wiki in the last months. Yeah, I'm still not 100% convinced, but I believe Dodo would do good work here as an admin. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 09:30, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I remember at some point recently, Dan having a conversation with another admin saying something along the lines of administrator rights would be given to users that could demonstrate capabilities to manage situations responsibly and users that showed initiative. I would have to agree with Messi, because I can see the method behind his judgement and it seems to make good sense to me. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 12:02, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- This was 4 months ago get over it! Since then I never did anything similar and I promised I would never do it again? JBanton, are you still mad because I told you you shouldn't give the 7F a fake name? I told you after that I'm sorry and I said you do a great work with the pages. 62.5% then. There is no way I can be promoted. Thank you very much Ilan, Mikey, Istalo, Vaultbot, etc. Now just stop arguing! I said I'd never do that again!
- I think you should apply again in a month or so. Just give us time to see improved civility and a better attitude. Read up on the policy and make sure to follow it. If becoming an admin was based solely on how good an editor you are, you'd be promoted, but there are a lot of other aspects to it. Try not to take this as a rejection and handle it maturely, and like I said, try again in a month or so. Tom Talk 16:50, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Tom. You can close this as unsuccessful. I wanted the rights so I could "develop" a new background for the wiki, but since the game in coming in 6 months there is no urgent need to change it.
- Who knows, in a month's time my no could be a yes if I see a little improved change in attitude. Anyways I am not closing this. I'll leave it to either Jeff or Tom. Messi1983 (talk) 19:40, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I decided to change my vote to 'no' because I'm still seeing Dodo being prone to losing his temper, right in this very discussion. I know that dealing with uncomprehending newbies can be frustrating, but it's important to be able to differentiate between a vandal and a good faith contributor who doesn't know how to edit a wiki. And being criticized is annoying and yes, I've personally lost my temper a few times, but sometimes the criticisms are right. Dodo, try to improve your civility, and if you don't feel like you're any good at working with incompetent new editors, there's other staff here who are, so leave it to them and don't threaten to block them. And Sasquatch, the same goes for you too - if you want to become an administrator in the future you should work on staying cool when tempers get hot. There needs to be a happy medium between Bunnyjoke style pleading with vandals to stop vandalizing rather than blocking them, and threatening them for newbie mistakes. And frankly, shouting at each other during a request for promotion doesn't do either of you any favors when it comes to being promoted in the future. Jeff (talk|stalk) 20:58, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- It comes to show why short tempered people get this way. That is why I voted "No" for Dodo and to tell you the truth, this is the first promotion where I seen half webpage arguments. Mr. T. (talk) 23:26, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- He requested early closure above. Messi1983 (talk) 01:25, February 28, 2013 (UTC)
LS11sVaultBoy - Admin
Hi there! I'm a Patroller who has just reached his 500th edit here on the GTA Wiki! After the events of Zombie22 which lasted for about 3 hours today (2nd February) I think I should be an admin as throughout most of this time, there were no admins online on the wiki (until Ilan came on). I am online on this wiki even if I aren't editing, I'm still watching over this wiki all the time. If I was an admin then the wiki would hopefully be a lot safer and the events of what were Zombie22's vandalism, can be stopped a lot faster than they were today. I would make a good admin because I also have admin experience at the GTA Myths Wiki and the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Wiki. Thanks and please help keep this wiki safer by voting. LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 18:33, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Undecided - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:56, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Not Yet - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:23, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 05:41, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Not yet - Jeff (talk|stalk)
- No - Tom Talk 23:53, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Vaultboy, you've been promoted to patroller some weeks ago, and though I think you are a pretty good editor and a good "vandal blocker" because of the Zombie22 catch, in which me, Curly, Istalo, JB, Tom, Ilan, Jeff and Dan also helped, I think you could use some more time. But I don't want to say "No" just yet. I'll re-think about it, and give a definitive vote soon. Stay tuned. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:29, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- You've also only been a patroller a matter of weeks, hence why I have voted no. Messi1983 (talk) 05:41, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm voting 'not yet' instead of just plain old 'no'. A couple weeks after your promotion to patroller is too soon, but I don't want to make it sound like you'll never pass. Actually, Ilan Xd failed his first request for admin (and passed his second one unanimously, too). Messi/Dan and I have intentions of trying to help get a couple patrollers ready for adminship, so if you're interested in that we can give advice and tell you how to do things that'll help you get promoted. The biggest deal about becoming an administrator is that you've got to convince people that you'll stay cool, not get angry and not abuse the admin tools. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:37, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Vaultboy, I haven't forgotten the team work me, you and Ilan done, getting Zombie outta here, but if Dan and Jeff are gonna teach you how to become an admin, then it's best to wait. If all happens just fine, I will definetly vote "yes", the next time you request for adminship again. Good learning, bro'. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 17:20, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- This request has been open long enough, so closing as a unsucessful. Messi1983 (talk) 17:15, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
Sasquatch101 - Patroller
Hey guys, I'm Sasquatch101 and am appyling to be a patroller. I applied back in December and got turned down because of lack of experience and grammar skills. I belive I have improved and now, feel I can better serve the GTA Wiki. I love GTA, and have played all of the IV era games plus SA and soon to be GTA V. Ever since I joined the wiki I have been working on creating a page for every street in GTA IV as well as creating an affiliate wiki (GTA Myths Wiki) for myth hunters. I have also reported two vandals since joining and have continued to keep an eye out for suspicious activity on the wiki. I think I would be a valuable asset for the GTA Wiki as a staff member and would vigorously work to further expand the GTA Wiki. Thank you
- Yes - istalo (Talk to me) February 1, 2013
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 13:43, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 14:23, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Undecided - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:56, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 16:39, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I see no problem of you being a patroller here since you're a good editor and created a wiki specially for GTA Myths, so this wiki be clean about that stuff. istalo (Talk to me) February 1, 2013
- Though your grammar should be improved, I'm siding with Istalo here, I also think you're a good editor, and I think you'd be a good patroller. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 13:45, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I say yes because you're a good editor and I know you're a good admin because of how much good work you put into the GTA Myths Wiki. LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 14:23, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Err, he's a good editor, but I want to see what the other admins think. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:56, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Voted yes. But this should be the last request for patroller for a while. Messi1983 (talk) 16:40, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Closing this as successful. Messi1983 (talk) 15:11, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
Boomer8 - Patroller
Hello, I'm Boomer8 and I've been on this wiki for five months. I applied here back in September for patrollership and failed. I have improved on my grammar and punctuation so I think I'm ready. I have around 370 edits right now. For the past month and a half my computer was having some trouble but now it is fixed. I get along with pretty much everyone on the wiki. I have been playing GTA since I was eight and know everything about GTA IV. I own GTA IV, it's episodes, SA, and soon GTA V. I would love to join the GTA Wiki staff so please vote for me!
- No (yet) - 08:32, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Not yet - istalo (leave me a message) January 29, 2013
- Not yet - LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 17:11, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- No - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 15:04, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 05:44, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- You should have more edits, be more active, etc. I don't think you're prepared yet. 08:32, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Your number of edits seems to be fine, but same as Dodo I think you should be more active. istalo (Leave me a message) January 29, 2013
- Like I said my computer has had some trouble for a month and a half so thats why I haven't been active; and my edits meet the standard to be a patroller. My edits are quality not quantity. Boomer8 (talk) 05:51, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Voted no for the time being as I think me, Tom and Jeff need a discussion on patrollers. Also I am closing this request. Messi1983 (talk) 05:44, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, my name is Istalo, I did a patrollership request and it wasn't successful so here I am again, I make some more edits over 300, I think I would be a good patroller since I keep the wiki clean and fix things over. I'm a nice guy if you have any questions and love helping people. Since GTA V is coming, new articles are going to start to appear. My grammar is getting better through this days that pass. I know a lot about the GTA Series, I play it alot almost like everyday, and I know what's real and whats fake. I'm here since some time, and I think I'm ready to be a patroller. Thanks!
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:52, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes (with mild reservations) - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:42, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 18:44, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Jeff (talk|stalk)
- Istalo is a good editor and has been around for some long. I think he deserves it. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:55, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- You've been here a long time, made a lot of great edits, so yeah, I guess you would make a great Patroller. LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 18:44, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I should have checked RfP a long time ago. Checked the contributions, everything looks fine. Since this has been open for over 2 weeks, I'm voting yes and promoting. Jeff (talk|stalk) 08:23, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
My last request was pretty long so i'll try and keep this request for patrollership short. After having joined in 2011, I think now would be a good time for me to begin stepping up, prior to the release of GTA V. Though I only really reside in the vehicles area of this wiki I do have good grammar which I do use to improve other pages. I'm now on 500+ edits with a number of "heavy" (1000+ character) edits. Plus I report users who contribute to the wiki in a way that doesn't benefit anybody at all, such as Yemi... JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 17:15, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 17:24, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 18:41, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:51, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Ray boccino (talk) 23:51, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I think you would be a fit admin, but as your latest request was declined, and you're applying for patrollership now, I'll say this - quantity of edits for pat-ship is more than enough, and quality is superb. I think you'll get it this time. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 17:29, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- You've been here for quite a while and you have made a lot of edits, especially to GTA V vehicle pages. I noticed you once made 100 edits in an hour, pretty amazing. Good luck! LS11sVaultBoy (talk) 18:41, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- That's enough yes votes that I'll go ahead and promote. Jeff (talk|stalk) 08:25, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
Hiya! My name is LS11sVaultBoy and I did request for this before yet I got turned down for not having enough edits but now I have enough and are once again requesting to be a Patroller on this wiki. I think I would be a good Patroller because I am pretty much always rolling back edits like Patrollers usually do. I also have brilliant spellings and grammar and love to help people out. I am always watching what others have been editing to make sure they have made no mistakes and whether there is anything I could add to the pages. I have a vast knowledge of most of the games in the GTA Series so I know what I'm doing when I'm editing. That is all.
- Yes - Messi1983 (talk) 20:18, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - (Ray boccino (talk) 21:26, January 11, 2013 (UTC))
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:51, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes (with mild reservations) - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:42, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes Mr. T. (talk) 16:46, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Wow this is a mere few hours after your last request was closed. Messi1983 (talk) 20:18, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd told this user before, that if he had more edits and helped a bit more, I would consider him fit for patrollership. He's done it and deserves to be a patroller. Well done! Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 14:51, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Closing request as succesful. Messi1983 (talk) 01:41, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Hi there! My name is LS11sVaultBoy and I would like to apply for either the Roll Back position or the Administrator position because even though it may not seem like I do much editing, I actually do and I have started editing a lot more again now and I know that my spelling of most long, complicated words is very good and my grammar is quite good. My additions have mostly been around the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas area because it is the GTA game that I know most about. I also help out on a lot of other wikis and know how to edit quite well. The GTA series has always been my favourite set of games, mostly San Andreas, Vice City Stories and GTA IV including all its DLC. I think I would be a good admin because I am a good editor and a friendly guy to ask for help.
- No (as not yet) - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 16:02, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
- No - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 17:24, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 04:46, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
- 200 edits or so and I would say yes. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 16:02, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I think you're a good editor and all, but as Ilan said, around 200 edits would give you more chances. Don't get me wrong, I think you might get a spot in the wiki staff, just not right now. Try looking out for pages lacking info, or with fake sources. Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 17:34, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Closing this request. Messi1983 (talk) 10:07, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Hi there guys, though I never really wanted to be anything more than an ordinary editor I would like to make a request to become an admininstrator. Normally I can be found contributing to vehicle pages. I have amassed around 360 edits since joining the community in October 2011. Though my edit count is relatively low, I have made a number of "heavy" edits (1'000+ characters). I would like to become an administrator so that I would have the power to really improve the vehicle information for GTA V. I have a lot of editing in mind and could do with some extra abilities so that I can greatly expand on the information. To add to normal editing, I also report vandals and other problematic members, such as Yemi on 9th December. I'll leave the voting to you, the wiki community, your comments will be appreciated. JBanton (talk) 18:11, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 18:43, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 10:26, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- No (as not yet) -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 17:58, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- No (Ray boccino (talk) 22:34, January 10, 2013 (UTC))
- J helped us a lot with the GTA5 vehicles-related articles. He deserves Patrollership, but I think it is too soon for him to become an admin. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:45, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, normally users get to patrollership first, and get to admin later, but JB is a special case. I think his edits are quite good, and though the quantity ain't that much, the quality is great. In my opinion, you are ready to step up. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 18:47, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I think you are a very good editor, Im no one in this wiki man but I can tell you have really worked hard to find info about the GTA V vehicles to expand this wiki you deserve to be a patroller (Ray boccino (talk) 23:30, January 7, 2013 (UTC))
- Ilan and Ray, I am going to ask you to revote as "Yes for patrollership" is not a valid vote in a request for adminship. Messi1983 (talk) 10:29, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- So in that case, I have to go with "No". -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 17:58, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll say no too (Ray boccino (talk) 22:33, January 10, 2013 (UTC))
- Closing reqquest. Messi1983 (talk) 14:02, January 12, 2013 (UTC)