- There is currently a full set of Admins, so requests for promotion to Patroller only.
Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Requests for Oversight and Checkuser must be done at Wikia Central (and they'll probably be declined).
Rollback is a tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active for four months with no rules violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at sysop discretion.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users votes, such as changing a no to a yes, will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
Kingrhem - Patroller
Hi, my name is Kingrhem, and I'm requesting to be a patroller on this wiki. I have + 1200 edits, and I've been active on this wiki for two months. I started to take lessons at Linguaphone to improve my English. And I know a-lot about coding templates. I'm trying to be friendly with everyone. And don't forget that I know a-lot about the GTA Series. Kingrhem Talk or Don't talk 13:38, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 16:09, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 16:23, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Dodo8 Talk
- Yes - Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:30, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - --Thomas0802 (talk-Edits) 22:00, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
- You've been active here, your English is gradually upgrading, you create good templates...my vote is a "Yes", but I think the patroller number limit's been reached, so I'm not sure if you, or anyone else can be promoted to patroller, at the time. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 16:09, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- We have room for one more
adminpatroller, as Bob is currently inactive. Helpful edits and good attitude makes this one an easy "Yes" for me. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 16:23, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Even easier, then. The behaviour's been good too, so I don't see a problem. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 17:18, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- You seem to be well qualified for the job. Your active a lot and your english is good too. So it's a "yes" for me. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:30, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I actually agree with Mikey idea, in those last months few users have joined the Wikia and they put a lot of work on it, they have too very experience (no citing names). After Bob is currently inactive, a free place remains for a new patroller. You Kingrhem, you have nice editing skills, you are very active, you add real information and you know a lot about GTA Series, so I know you're qualified enough. Like you're now the first of the normal users who candidate yourself, I'm voting Yes. --Thomas0802 (talk-Edits) 22:00, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
Kingrhem - Patroller
Hi, My name is Kingrhem and I'm asking for Patroller rights to make this wiki clean from any errors . I have a hundred edits on this wiki, my grammar is very good and I have been a active for about month. I'm available for 10 hours a day. And I know a-lot about the GTA Series.Kingrhem (talk) 14:03, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Jeff (talk|stalk)
- No - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 21:04, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Absolutely Not - NikoBellicsBoss11 (talk) 21:56, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Not Qualified - Mr. T., That's Me! (talk) 00:02, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Boomer8 (talk) 05:49, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- One month and 100 edits isn't enough to qualify someone for patroller on a high-activity wiki like this one. Three months and 500 edits maybe. Jeff (talk|stalk) 14:18, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I think you'd have more chances if you applied next month with at least 500 edits. I don't think you need three months as long as you edit frequently and make substantial edits (just adding categories won't get you far). - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 21:08, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- As below, with the request that also failed, you haven't been on here long enough. I agree with McJeff in that I don't think you're worthy for promotion until you've been on here for about three months. Also, your grammar doesn't appear to be quite as good as you say; even your request paragraph has a few errors that, if I saw them on an information page, I would cringe at and take time to correct. Try again later in the year. - NikoBellicsBoss11 (talk) 22:01, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Around 250 to 400 edits are enough to meet Patroller prerequisites, but they need to be good quality edits, not just adding a letters to a word or commenting on blogs. Don't go AWOL after you read this and edit a lot and try to apply again because that will show that you just want the position without any reasons. Keep up the good edits and help. Try to apply again in a month or so. Mr. T., That's Me! (talk) 00:02, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- If you get some more edits under your belt, improve your grammar, and reaply in a month or so, you'll have a chance of becoming a patroller on the GTA Wiki. Boomer8 (talk) 05:49, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Instulent and I would like to be promoted as a patroller on the GTA Wiki. I've been on this wiki for almost a month, have done 1,100+ edits and counting and not one day with out editing. I have reported a few people who have either trolled etc to admins and I get along well with almost everyone on this wiki. I am a positive person who will do anything to a help a wiki out. Thank you for your time. Instulent (talk) 17:58, May 31, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Tom Talk 07:41, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- No (not now) - Dodo8 Talk
- Computer says no - NikoBellicsBoss11 (talk) 09:40, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Not Yet - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 10:39, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- No - Messi1983 (talk) 23:08, June 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe - Cloudkit01 (talk) 00:21, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- YES- Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:21, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Recuse- Mr. T., That's Me! (talk) 04:00, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- No - --Thomas0802 (talk-Edits) 19:41, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - Boomer8 (talk) 05:04, June 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm certain you'd make a very good patroller. But does the red text at the top of the page not hinder your chances somewhat? --NikoBellicsBoss11 (talk) 09:37, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Almost a month is not long enough, you're doing a good job though. Keep it up and apply again in a two months or so. Tom Talk 07:41, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- You're doing a great job, but you still have some things to learn. Try again in a month or so.Dodo8 Talk
- Sadly it's still a no. An employer wouldn't promote an employee just three weeks after starting so it's the same principle here. - NikoBellicsBoss11 (talk) 09:43, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. Some more weeks will give you more chances. Your work has been great, so far, but you need some more time to consolidate and run for patrollership again. If you wait 2-3 weeks, I might vote "Yes", the next time, Instu. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 10:43, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- It is a good idea to wait on an editor who has just started out and may not be fully commited. However, in your case you seem to be very much into bettering the GTA Wiki. Your grammar and overall skills are what fit the patroller title; so I don't belive it's necessary to wait a month on a perfectly good editor. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:21, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- He is a great editor, but I noticed some of his edits on info and images have fanon-like wordings. Despite I told him and Tom that a Patroller spot is open, I'm going to avoid voting because saying a no doesn't feel right to me nor does saying a "yes" because of his somewhat "fanon-phrases" on pages and image captions. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tony 1998 (talk • contribs)
- User has only been here a short time, hence why I have voted no for the time being. Messi1983 (talk) 03:20, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- However the number of edits doesn't matter, what matter to be a standard is how your edits are useful ( for example not adding a comma or something like this ) and remember, you did good edits and uploaded images in these times, your activity is too ok, but it's all about the time, wait a little and you can ask again. --Thomas0802 (talk-Edits) 19:44, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- The result and the reason behind it seems pretty unanimous. D'you reckon it might be worth getting rid of this and postponing the vote to a later date? Providing Instulent stays committed and keeps his editing up to scratch, I'm sure there'll be a few more yeses after a while. Just not now. -NikoBellicsBoss11 (talk) 20:28, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- You have a ton of edits, you're active, and you seem like a nice guy; everything a patroller should have. So I've voted"yes". Boomer8 (talk) 05:04, June 7, 2013 (UTC)