(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2 door muscle car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
- "An American muscle car in a class by itself. Roll down the windows and scream in testosterone-filled rage as you gun the engine while stuck in traffic. DNA wipes easily off the leather seats."
- — Description from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com
The vehicle is heavily inspired by a third generation Dodge Challenger based on its distinctive body shape, with lines that are flared and smooth. It also sports styling cues directly from the 1970s era E-Body Muscle cars, with hood scoops resembling a classic Challenger, or 'Cuda, and side scoops like a '71 Challenger RT . The front fascia is based on the Newer fith generation Chevrolet Camaro. The Gauntlet also appears to feature actual sealed beam headlights, rather than the Challenger's modern retro-inspired head lights. Its rear end draws a heavily the Dodge Challenger, though the tail lights are closer to the ones on the Chevrolet Camaro.
It is unknown how this car performs yet.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
High Displacement V8
Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Four Bravado Gauntlets cars are needed for the game's final main story heist only if you picked the first option. The player only needs to source three of these, before modifying them at Los Santos Customs. They can either be found at specific locations pointed out by Lester or, if the player preferes, bought from the internet.
- Can be bought for $32,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Found at top floor of a garage, eastern Little Seoul, on Vespucci Boulevard and Peaceful Street, next to the La Puerta Freeway overpass.
- On-street parking spot, Rockford Hills, in front of the Caca and Winfrey Castiglione shops. Across this location you can find the Truffade Adder as well.
- In a small alley, Mission Row/Vespucci Boulevard, southern Downtown. You can find many closed shops here, like Family Pharmacy and Electrical Supplies Shop.
- At the parking of a big theater, southeast Vinewood Hills.
- This is the second modern muscle car design to be featured in the Grand Theft Auto series.
- The player needs to steal three Gaunlets to do the mission The Big One and mod them afterwards only if they picked the first option.
- A "gauntlet" is handwear of leather or metal commonly worn as part of a suit of armor.
- It is likely Rockstar chose the name from the phrase "to throw down the gauntlet" which is a term that means "to challenge" and so is possibly connected to the modern Challenger upon which the car was based.