Give Me Liberty
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Callahan Bridge, Portland Island|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
- "Liberty City is in shock today as the Police and emergency services deal with the aftermath of a devastating attack on a police convoy this morning. As yet, no details have been released about the prisoners being transferred on the convoy and no group has claimed responsibility."
Give Me Liberty is the first storyline mission of Grand Theft Auto III. It is given to protagonist Claude by explosives expert 8-Ball from the Callahan Bridge, Portland Island, Liberty City. The mission serves as a tutorial mission, teaching new players how to control the game.
After the attack on the Callahan Bridge, Claude and 8-Ball are now free but stuck in Portland. 8-Ball knows where to hide and where to seek work, but Claude will need to drive due to 8-Ball's injured hands.
They arrive in Claude's new safehouse in Red Light District and change into normal clothes before driving to Luigi's Sex Club Seven. 8-Ball and Claude head to the back and use the service door. The next mission takes place immediately after arriving at the Club.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car
- Drive to the hideout
- Head over to Luigi's Club
The Portland Safehouse will be unlocked and completion of the mission immediately unlocks the mission "Luigi's Girls" for Luigi Goterelli. The Columbian Cartel are now hostile towards Claude (all though you don't encounter them until Staunton Island is unlocked).
- As the GTA III physics engine does not permit cars to be turned over on its side, the destroyed cars blocking the bridge will either be right side up or upside down. Strangely, standing in the flames of the destroyed cars will not burn Claude.
- The mission title may be a reference to Patrick Henry's famous words "Give me liberty or give me death!", as well as the name of Liberty City.
- During the mission, the player is absent of gaining wanted levels for the first two in-game hours (until 6:00AM).
- Non-chronologically, this is the first storyline mission in the 3D Era.
- The Kuruma you get at the very beginning of the mission has a unique color (teal) that can't be found anywhere else.
|iPad 2 Version|