- "For the man who has everything."
- ―Description from the TBoGT website
The 'Gold SMG' is a new weapon in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It appears as a gold-plated standard length IMI Uzi submachine gun with the folding stock removed. Yusuf Amir has a Gold SMG and it seems to be his primary weapon.
It has the same stopping power, accuracy and quite similar firing sound as the Micro SMG, and is, basically, a full-length replacement. However, the rate of fire is different, as it fires much faster than the Micro SMG (though in reality the full sized Uzi has a slower rate of fire). It has a 30-round magazine, as opposed to the Micro-Uzi's 50 round magazine. Also, the reload is somewhat longer.
Yusuf claims that the gun is solid gold, but this would make the gun very heavy and gold would be too soft for the internal workings of the gun.
Because it is much bigger than the Micro-SMG, Luis and the multiplayer character hold it with two hands, firing from the chest area. This gun, while being similar to the Micro-SMG from Grand Theft Auto IV and The Lost and Damned, has such an astounding rate of fire that it is the best gun in the game for drive bys and is not bad for ground warfare. The only flaw of the gun is its poor accuracy sacrificed for the rate of fire and damage, but it is still a very good weapon.
A major advantage to this compared to other SMGs is that the light recoil can allow one to shoot accurately for an extended period of time.
- After completing Yusuf Amir's final mission, he will award the player with his car and the Gold Uzi in the glove compartment (though the weapon will be obtained when entering the car for the first time only).
- Completing the story will automatically give the player a Gold SMG if they do not already have one.
- Completing the story will unlock the Gold Uzi in Armando's Gun Van, costing $5000 for the gun, and $60 for each mag.
- Finish 50 Drug Wars to unlock the Gold Uzi in Luis' apartment on his table (spawns only after completing the game).
- A similar gun was meant to reappear in GTA San Andreas, but instead it was a golden variant of the short Micro Uzi.
- The sound of the Gold SMG sounds very similar to the Carbine Rifle in Grand Theft Auto III.