- "Unbearably hot by days and unbearably cold by night, the Grand Senora Desert is the kind of place that can switch from a wonder of natural beauty to a post-apocalyptic hellhole very quickly."
- ―GTA V digital manual
The Grand Senora Desert is a desert located in Blaine County, San Andreas. The town of Sandy Shores is located in this desert. It is bordered by the Great Chaparral in the south and the Alamo Sea in the north.
ClimateThe area has an arid or desert climate, with hot temperatures during most of the year. Weather tends to be very sunny at times, and visual heatwaves are shown occasionally. Sandstorms occur often, while rain and thunderstorms rarely occur, but when they do, the weather becomes rough and extreme.
Places of Interest
Roads and Streets
- Algonquin Boulevard
- Baytree Canyon Road
- Cat Claw Avenue
- Cholla Road
- Mount Haan Road
- Nowhere Road
- Route 68
- Senora Freeway
- Smoke Tree Road
- The name "Grand Señora" means "Big Lady" in Spanish, referring to the dimension of the desert. Its name is most likely a reference to the Sonoran Desert. It could also be based on the Palm Desert, which is in closer proximity to the Salton Sea.
- Despite being named as "Grand Senora", the desert area is not that large, only being arid lands around Sandy Shores.
- In the beta of Grand Theft Auto V, the Grand Senora Desert was much bigger.
- There are signs on hiking paths with the name of the desert incorrectly spelt, "SENOEA DESERT". This was likely a typo as "R" is next to "E" on a keyboard.