Grand Theft Auto V has two distinct editions- the original edition, for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and the advanced edition, for the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC. The original edition was released in September 2013 and the advanced edition was announced in June 2014. The original editon has 3 sub-editions, with the advanced edition currently awaiting an announcement from Rockstar in regards to it's respective editions.
Announced on the Rockstar Newswire on May 23 2013, with the possibility to pre-order them starting that day. The three editions are:
- Standard Edition, featuring no additional content and has, therefore, the lowest price - $60/£40/€60
- Special Edition, featuring additional digital content and has, therefore, a higher price - $80/£60/€80
- Collector's Edition, featuring additional digital content and physical goodies and has, therefore, the highest price - $150/£120/€130
|Features||Standard Edition||Special Edition||Collector's Edition|
|Access to Atomic Blimp||Pre-order only||Yes||Yes|
|Steelbook with exclusive artwork||No||Yes||Yes|
|Blueprint Map (Los Santos and Blaine County)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Special Ability Boost||No||Yes||Yes|
|Stunt Plane Trials||No||Yes||Yes|
|Bonus Outfits, Tattoos, etc.||No||Yes||Yes|
|Security Deposit Bag||No||No||Yes|
|Grand Theft Auto V key||No||No||Yes|
|New Era Cap||No||No||Yes|
|Custom Grand Theft Auto Online Characters||No||No||Yes|
|Unique Vehicles and Garage Property||No||No||Yes|
The advanced edition currently has no special or collector's editions announced. They are expected to be announced, along with the release date, during August 2014.
Box Art (original edition)
Promotional Images (original edition)
- Although the Atomic Blimp is available to Standard Edition pre-orders, it is included with the additional DLC content in the Special Edition and Collector's Edition without the need of a pre-order.
- Before even though you had the standard edition, it was possible to get the bonus vehicles that come with the Special and Collectors edition of the game in Grand Theft Auto Online. Although there were restrictions in storing these vehicles in your garages, you could only bring them out by calling your mechanic. This glitch has since been fixed in Patch 1.10.
- Additionally, if they are destroyed, players will be unable to recover them through Mors Mutual Insurance.