|Grand Theft Auto V|
September 17 2013
September 17 2013
September 17 2013
October 10 2013
|Protagonists||Michael De Santa|
Grand Theft Auto V was announced on October 25, 2011. The first trailer was released on November 2, 2011, at 4:00 PM GMT. Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar Games' parent company, shares jumped seven percent following the revelation that Grand Theft Auto V is in development. On January 7, 2012 Rockstar North have most recently begun accepting applications for Game Testers in Grand Theft Auto V.
On July 12, 2012, on Rockstar Games blog, Rockstar released two screenshots from the game; the two screenshots were followed by more over the next days.
On October 30, 2012, Rockstar announced that Grand Theft Auto V was due for a release in Spring 2013 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, although no PC release was announced. Pre-ordering began to commence on November 5, 2012.
On November 8, 2012, Rockstar released a full 18-page story via digital app, while non-digital app members received their copies through mail on November 16.
On November 14, 2012, Rockstar released the second trailer.
In January 31, 2013, Rockstar published yet another release date: September 17, 2013. 
On November 3, 2011, Rockstar Games confirmed that the game will take place in Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and will not feature a recreated rendition of an entire State of San Andreas - in a statement on their Newswire:
"We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development."
Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.
"A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California."
During the Game Informer Grand Theft Auto V Cover Story, the vice president of creativity for Rockstar Games, Dan Houser, has stated that Los Santos this time around is different and a lot more developed (having cities, wilderness, deserts, farmlands, villages, a Mount Chiliad, a military base, and a fully detailed ocean floor including coral beds). Los Santos is also five times larger than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Red Dead Redemption all combined, along with interior spaces in each building, house, apartment and more.
- See also: Los Santos in GTA V Era
Grand Theft Auto V evolves nearly every mechanic that were in the previous Grand Theft Auto games. As far as driving goes, the cars have been greatly improved, with Rockstar running more physics on them. The cars even hold to the ground a bit better and the mechanics feel more like a racing game, compared to Grand Theft Auto IV's rocky, boat-like handling system. The shooting mechanics will be better in terms of the feel of the mechanics and bigger compared to the melee mechanics in the game, but that doesn't mean that the melee combat won't be fun, as it as been improved over the previous titles as well. It has also been confirmed that this will be the first Grand Theft Auto game that has a fully-fledged ecosystem. With guard dogs outside of a military base, wolves, etc...
There are many unique features in the game, one of those features is that when the players are playing as one of three protagonists in the game, the other two are living out their daily lives, and you will be surprised by what you find the characters doing when you switch back into them. Another unique feature is the swapping characters feature happens in a Google Earth styled manner and was displayed during a Game Informer demo, which it showed to have ran smoothly and without lag.
The economy in Grand Theft Auto V has changed as well. Even though the player can't buy houses or hotels like in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Vice City, or Vice City Stories, or date girls like in Grand Theft Auto IV or San Andreas, there will be plenty more things to spend your hard earn money on, with it being a vibrant and fun economy. There will be no raising your RPG status like in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
New activities have also been added, such as yoga, triathlons, jet skiing, base-jumping, tennis, a full-fledged golf, and scuba diving. The mobile phone has also returned but will only be used for calling your friends and using the internet. Flipping off people is another new feature the player can use (which Rockstar recommended you do in various locations around Los Santos to see the outcome of this effect, depending on where the player is at they will get different reactions from pedestrians).
Rockstar has also made changes to the pedestrian mechanics; some pedestrians you see at the bus stops in South Los Santos will reappear in Rockford Hills working on rich peoples' lawns and gardens. Some minor mechanics that help out the environment and looks of Los Santos will come on at certain times, such as a sprinklers system coming on in the morning in rich areas like Rockford Hills.
Protagonists and Story
Grand Theft Auto V will feature three playable protagonists; Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Michael is a retired professional bank robber, who after making a sweetheart deal with FIB, returned to the life of crime. Trevor is the loose cannon in this story, who is also a long time best friend of Michael's and a hot-head psychopath as well. Last but certainly not least, we have Franklin, a young and black grim repo man who has a large amount of experience behind the wheel, but no real experience to crime until he meets Michael while he was trying to get a hustle.
- Main Article: Vehicles in GTA V
Grand Theft Auto V promises to have more vehicles than in any other Grand Theft Auto game to date, with a variety of vehicles, including airplanes, helicopters, convertible cars, utility vehicles, emergency service cars, motorcycles, and jet skis. It has been confirmed that players will be able to fly planes, this was not possible in Grand Theft Auto IV because of the size of the map, but will be in Grand Theft Auto V because the map is larger. In a brief scene in the first trailer, overhead wires are visible on a banking next to the road, which are probably wires for a railway track. A submarine has also been displayed, hinting at sub-aquatic travel.
- Main Article: Businesses in GTA V
According to the trailer, businesses in Grand Theft Auto IV are set to appear in the upcoming game. New businesses also appear, as seen in the trailer, such as the Bugstars fumigation company and Up-n-Atom Burger fast food restaurant.
- Main article: Weapons in GTA V
Weaponry is not currently revealed in full. As seen in the trailer, there are Norinco Type 56-2 assault rifles with sound suppressors, mounted lasers, olive drab polymer furniture, and side-folding stocks. This leads to the return of suppressed weapons and the possibility of attaching suppressors to most firearms or having an individual variant of the weapon that has a suppressor while the other remains without any attachments. During the trailer a man playing Golf with a Golf club is seen but is unknown if the Golf Club is going to be a melee weapon. No other weapons were revealed in the trailer for the game. During the second trailer, Trevor mention that "The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Phillips Enterprises or they ain't going!" Hinting that the player will be able to control Trevor's business of guns in Blaine County.
According to the Rockstar Games Social Club, multiplayer crews in Max Payne 3 will be carried over to Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto V will have multiplayer features linked to Rockstar's Social Club. If the player created a crew in Max Payne 3, it can be imported to Grand Theft Auto V through the Social Club.
Multiplayer will hold 32 people on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
Multiplayer was confirmed in the Grand Theft Auto V official release statement, as it mentions "online multiplayer". Apart from the fact that Crews from Max Payne 3 will carry over to Grand Theft Auto V, and therefore crews will be present in Grand Theft Auto V, no information about multiplayer has been released. It has also been confirmed that a separate team is developing the single player while another team is working on the multiplayer.
Hints about Grand Theft Auto V
Liberty City, It's Over Poster
The poster advertising the play indicates another speculation that would be the hint of the next game. The poster features the Grand Theft Auto IV artwork shaped into a "broken-heart" symbol. Written on the poster was the text "NEXT STOP" with a ripped piece, shaped similarly to the peninsulas of France, in its corner.
The Ballad of Gay Tony End Game Credits
The end credits of The Ballad of Gay Tony also offers another hint to the next game. In one of the scenes, a parked Taxi is seen near the entrance of the airport. Patrick McReary exits the Taxi, holding a duffel bag, and enters the airport. In the final scenes of the credits a plane is seen taking off, indicating that Packie has left Liberty City. Also, if you look closely, a shaped "V" runway lights indicates the hint of the next game.
Trailer 1 Screencaps
Trailer 2 Screencaps
- See more, Grand Theft Auto V/Screenshots
- See more, Grand Theft Auto V/Artworks
- The game will take place in the year 2013 and in the HD universe which is the same universe of GTA IV, its DLC and Chinatown Wars.
- On April 8, 2012, The Electric Playground (programmed show on WABC) stated that the next Grand Theft Auto blockbuster will hit streets in 2013, months before Rockstar's official announcement.
- Two dogs are also seen in the trailer, hinting that animals may be present for the second time ever in a Grand Theft Auto game besides Flying Rats, seagulls, uninteractive birds and sea creatures. Dogs appeared in Bully, a different Rockstar Games game, where they were possible to attack but impossible to kill. Dogs also appeared in Red Dead Redemption.
- The vehicles in the trailer all have plates reading "San Andreas". Some of the license plates are stylized as modern California license plates, while some are stylized after the 1980's style California plate, oddly out of place on new cars.
- Products and businesses/companies from Grand Theft Auto IV have returned such as E-Cola, Pißwasser, 24/7, FLEECA, Daily Globe and The Bean Machine.
- A stationary airship is repetitively visible amongst the skyline of Los Santos.
- For the first time the cars can retract and deploy their soft top/hard top covers. In previous games convertibles were stuck with the roof they had or didn't have (with the exception of being able to install a permanent cover on lowriders in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas).
- The soundtrack used in the first trailer is "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" by Small Faces, released in 1968. The one in the second trailer is "Skeletons" by Stevie Wonder, released in 1989.
- In the background of the first trailer, a certain building is about half completed. However, later in the video, the same building is nearing completion. This could be either be because the game is still in development, or an indication of time passing by, affecting the environment throughout the game's storyline.
- Rockstar Games has announced that it is the largest and most ambitious game they have yet created.
- The registration plates have orange stickers on top right. The same plates will be used for 2013 California registration plates. The same was also used in California in 2008.
- ↑ GTA V Official Announcement
- ↑ Grand Theft Auto V Official Trailer - rockstargames.com
- ↑  - rockstargames.com
- ↑  - rockstargames.com
- ↑ http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html
- ↑ Multiplayer crew form Max payne 3 will be carried over to Grand Theft Auto V - rockstargames.com