(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door SUV|
|Capacity||8 (driver and 7 passengers, 4 hanging off the doors of the car)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Related vehicle(s)||Police SUV|
The Granger features North American styling, simillar to the eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban in terms of the front-end, side and rear profile.
The front of the SUV is geometric and designed to create a butch profile. At the base of the front bumper there is a central trim area with elevated rectangles, made from a polymer. Level with the top of the trim and on either side of it, there are circular fog lamps. The main grille and headlight units are located above the protruding front bumper. The main grille has three main horizontal chrome strips, the middle strip bearing the manufacturer emblem. Inset between the three main strips there are thinner horizontal strips. The headlamps have bottom edges in line with the top edge of the bottom main grille strip and top edges in line with the bottom edge of the grille's main top chrome strip. The headlight units feature two main wider sections (split by a continuation of the grille's central chrome strip) and then a thin, tall amber strip out at the edges. The hood features a large elevated area whose boundaries continue the side boundaries of the grille.
The sides of the SUV's body illustrate its intention for off-road use. The wheel arches and much of the area between them are elevated from the rest of the body. Above the elevated area the body has no extra formations. The greenhouse area features windows that have thin trim around the edges. The D-pillars are finished with trim however. On the roof there are six longitudinal ridges and a roof rail at either side. The SUV has been seen with high profile tires and split five spoke wheels, similar to those found on the Ruiner.
The rear features thin tail light units that sit between the rear windscreen and the protruding rear bumper. The rear light units are split into three sections, being three rectangles positioned one above the other.
There are four non-civilian variants of the Declasse Granger:
- The San Andreas Park Ranger uses the Granger as a Park Ranger unit.
- The Los Santos County Sheriff's Office use the Sheriff SUV as a unit for special response.
- The FIB use unmarked Granger's for services.
- The Los Santos Lifeguard use a lifeguard variant as a rescue vehicle on Vespucci Beach.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
Four wheel drive
- The FIB variant spawns next to the FIB Buffalo near Sandy Shores.
- The lifeguard variant can be found near Vespucci Beach .
- The Granger can hold 8 people, 4 can hang off the doors of the car, 4 can be inside the car, The passengers hanging off the doors of the car are able to use their Assault rifles/Carbine Rifles while being driven, making this car excellent for drive by's and assaulting other cars. Care must be taken by the driver of the vehicle when players are hanging off the sides since they can be knocked off easilly and killed.
- The Granger has and audible "door ajar" chime, which can be heard when the driver door is open, and the engine is running.
- This is the second SUV in the Grand Theft Auto series to be placed on the same platform as the Cavalcade, similar to the GMT930 platform for the Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Suburban and GMC Yukon XL.
- The name Granger is a subtle poke at the Suburban, as a granger is a farmer and the Suburban was originally designed for farmers before becoming a suburban cruiser.