The Greenwood is designed as a boxy American 4-door sedan with a landau, originally fitting during its appearances in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, but beginning to show its age during GTA San Andreas' timeline, when newer cars have appeared. In GTA Vice City Stories, the car's body color is usually restricted to a light blue-gray body with a white landau.
The Greenwood bears a strong resemblance to a Chrysler Fifth Avenue. The grille, vinyl roof and headlights are closer to the Fifth Avenue but the headlights have been moved above the turning signals. The year range would be around 1982-1985 due no CHMSL.
Though the speed and acceleration are less than ideal, the handling is improved over comparable vehicles found in the same areas and the braking is pretty good. The front-engine, rear-drive vehicle is heavy and relatively sturdy, capable of withstanding a good deal of damage and making it a relatively solid choice for drive-bys and primary transport. The Greenwood is powered by a V8 engine in Vice City and San Andreas. In Vice City Stories, it is powered by an inline six.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
The Greenwood can only be modified in a TransFender garage.
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Car Color 2 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Hood||Fury Scoop||$ 150|
|Champ Scoop||$ 100|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Roof||Roof Scoop||$ 80|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
- Normally seen in Ganton and Idlewood, usually driven by Grove Street Gang Members.
- Outside Sweet's house in Grove Street.
- Often spawns in rural areas of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Spawns a lot in Downtown.
- Spawns usually driving a Pony or a Banshee.
- Sometimes spawns in the North Point Mall parking garage.
- A Greenwood makes two brief appearances in Rockstar North's Manhunt 2.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Greenwood plays Radio Los Santos by default when entered.
- A glitch occurs when either rear door is damaged upon collision with an object in the GTA San Andreas version of the car. When damaged, the door changes appearance and reverts to the GTA Vice City design.
- In the beta version of GTA San Andreas, the Greenwood's design was like in GTA Vice City.
- In GTA San Andreas, Sweet's Greenwood's license plate has a license plate stating "GROVE4L"(Grove for Life), but if you wreck the rear bumper it will show a random plate (Only in PC version).
- Sweet's Greenwood plays either Bounce FM or CSR 103.9 by default.
- This car can appear as a backup vehicle in a Robbery mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Hit the Courier in GTA Vice City.
- In Vice City Stories, the car's color cannot be changed at a Pay 'n' Spray.
- In the San Andreas mission Outrider, the roadblocks set by the Da Nang Boys are completely formed by Greenwoods.
- The Greenwood is later succeeded by the Esperanto and the Emperor (car) in the HD Universe.
- Carl Johnson seems to dislike this car because in the mission End of the Line he says to Sweet "I can't believe you bought the same bucket ass car."
- The Greenwood still spawns in front of Sweet's house even though it has already been destroyed after the mission Reuniting The Families. The new Greenwood has the same registration as the previous one, and can be found outside Sweet's house as early as The Green Sabre. This car doesn't spawn in this location whilst Sweet is incarcerated, but will spawn again once the player returns to Los Santos.
- Sweet Johnson (first one was destroyed in the Mission Reuniting the Families, bought another before the events of the mission Riot)