- "This single shot grenade launcher will fire a grenade farther, at a higher velocity and with more accuracy than any thrown by hand. Must be reloaded after every shot, but is powerfully effective. Learn to bounce grenades off walls and around corners to take out your rivals."
- ―TLAD Official Website
The Lost and Damned
The weapon is based on the HK69A1 grenade launcher. The grenade launcher fires 40 mm grenades greater distances than a person throwing a hand grenade and is about as effective as a pipe bomb. It is best for removing cover, such as a car, however, the grenade does not land in a particular spot, making it less accurate. The grenade detonates on a five second fuse. Grenades can be fired at and bounced off walls to reach tricky targets. When engaging long range targets, the player must arc the shot (aim higher than the target) in order to compensate for gravity. Although the grenade launcher is ill-suited for aerial targets, the player can carry more rounds than the RPG allows.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
In the Ballad of Gay Tony, the Grenade Launcher features an interesting improvement in which the grenade explodes on impact if it hits a vehicle or person. Also, the time it takes for the grenade to explode has been shortened to about 2.5 seconds.
The grenade launcher is only available from either Terry Thorpe in The Lost and Damned or Armando Torres in The Ballad of Gay Tony. In The Lost and Damned, the weapon spawns at the Lost MC Clubhouse and Brian Jeremy's Safehouse after completing 50 Gang Wars.
Grand Theft Auto V
In Grand Theft Auto V, It is based on a multiple shot, revolver-type launcher, the Milkor MGL. Unlike in The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, this launcher will be able to fire more than one grenade before reloading. It comes with a 10-round ammo capacity, which is oddly out of place, for the MGL itself as the real life version can only hold six.
Customizations (GTA V)
- Grip (more stability, slightly increases accuracy) - $320
- Flashlight (provides additional light) - $462
- Scope (mid-range zoom, slightly increases accuracy) - $1312
- Grenades (20 rounds) - $50
- Black (default) - Equipped by default
- Army Tint (Desert sand) - $100
- LSPD Tint (Metallic Blue) - $600
Grand Theft Auto Online
The grenade launcher is unlocked at rank 60. It also spawns during survivals at waves 6+.
Players should be careful while using it, since dieing while holding it results in the loss of a full magazine, making it a loss of 10 grenades (out of a maximum of 20).
- In the end of a catwalk inside a hangar at south of Los Santos International Airport.
- Given in the mission Trevor Phillips Industries
- It was originally going to make an appearance in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City but was taken out without any explanation. Its model (grenlanc.dff) and its textures (grenlanc.txd), still remain on the PS2 disc. These files were removed from all other ports of the game.
- It's possible to shoot down low flying helicopters with a Grenade Launcher.