- "OK, dog, I'm going to get some sleep, I'm beat. Here, I took this from one of those Ballas fools. Probably drug money - here's your half."
- — Sweet.
Grove 4 Life is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by his brother and Grove Street Families leader Sweet from his home in the Grove Street cul-de-sac in the Ganton district of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Sweet is giving a group of Grove Street gang members a morale boosting talk when Carl enters. Sweet is glad to see him and wants to let the other gangs know that the Grove Street Families are back. Carl is unsure, wanting to focus on his other commitments first. Sweet asks the group to step outside and berates Carl for leaving the job half done and forgetting his priorities. Carl tries to argue with him, saying that the world doesn't begin and end in Grove Street but Sweet will not agree. Carl gives up and the Johnson Brothers set out to put Grove Street back on the map.
The brothers head over to the Idlewood area, another Ballas' turf and start a gang war. Once the turf has been taken over, they head to another turf. Carl and Sweet start another gang war, and claim the territory again. Carl and Sweet then drive back to Grove Street where Sweet goes to get some sleep. With the expansion of their turf the Families are asserting themselves as a force to be reckoned with in Los Santos.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and take back Idlewood
- Take over another Idlewood hood
- Drive Sweet back to Grove Street
- If the player has already taken all of the gang territory in Los Santos, when starting this mission, four hoods will belong to the Ballas again and after the mission is completed Carl will need to retake the other two again. However, as with the previous mission, the difficulty level of these gang wars is increased, with the Ballas armed with more powerful weapons than might have been encountered during previous gang wars.
- Tip for passing the mission easily: When the cutscene ends, run and get into the car. Don't wait for Sweet. A prompt would ask you to go back and get Sweet, but that is not important, ignore it. Drive to Idlewood, and take over the territory by a usual gang war. This reduces the chance of failing the mission (because most players might find themselves failing the mission because of Sweet, as he gets too many injuries during the gang war). By leaving Sweet behind (in Grove street), you can easily do the mission without having to worry for Sweet. The glitch in this method is that you can hear Sweet's voice during the mission, even though you have left him behind. Unlike the previous mission, you don't need Sweet to trigger any of the events.
- Another somewhat helpful thing you may do is to ask gang members to help you (they can only take cover for a small time after getting shot by the Ballas). Target any gang member, and press (default) "G" key (on a PC) to recruit him to the gang. You can get a bus like a Coach or a big vehicle to take as many gang members as you want (up to 7).
- Occasionally, in the very last cutscene of the mission when Sweet hands CJ the money, Sweet will be invisible, even though you can still hear his voice. This is a rare glitch, however, and does not affect the storyline.
- You can of course do the minigun tip, go to Mike Toreno's Ranch in Tierra Robada, and take the Minigun, then save the game and take the Minigun again, repeat the process and you will have a lot of ammo, which turns this mission, all the final missions and the gang wars too much easier.