|For the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rendition, see Grove Street (3D Universe).|
Events of GTA V
Trevor Philips, Franklin Clinton, Lamar Davis, and his dog Chop arrive at Grove Street to conduct a drug deal with a Ballas gangster. Trevor feels the cocaine is suspicious, and gets into an argument with the dealer. They both pull on the block of cocaine, ripping it in half, and revealing that the "drugs" the man is selling are fake. The trio are then ambushed by several Ballas on Grove Street. Soon, the LSPD arrive, resulting in a three-way firefight. Eventually, Trevor, Franklin, and Lamar manage to escape through the nearby stormdrain.
Places of Interest
- Limited Service (accessible interior, corner of Davis Avenue)
- A letter scrap can be found in the back garden of a house in the cul-de-sac.
- During the mission Hood Safari, when the player approaches Grove Street, they will be able to see three men on bicycles riding away. The three men closely resemble Carl Johnson, Big Smoke and Ryder. This is a reference to the mission Sweet & Kendl in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, in which CJ, Smoke and Ryder escape the pursuing Ballas on bikes.
- Also during Hood Safari, one of the Ballas will shout out as a taunt, "The Families were kicked out ages ago", a reference to how the Families operated there in the past.
- When you escape the cops with Lamar as Franklin, Lamar will mention the Grove Street Families. Franklin will ask what happened to them and Lamar replies, "Probably all died or became a CEO or some shit". This later is a reference to Carl Johnson, who had become a young millionaire and business owner by the end of his story.
- The eastern end of Grove Street is a cul-de-sac, as in GTA San Andreas. Although nothing resembling the Johnson's or Sweet's houses is present, the basic layout and appearance of the homes at this end of the street is very similar to the earlier game.
- Another similarity between GTA V's Grove Street and GTA San Andreas' is both versions are only a couple blocks away from an arena, beyond a flood control.
- Technically, Grove Street is an extension of Forum Drive, the location of Franklin's initial safehouse.
- Along with Vinewood Boulevard, Grove Street is one of only a couple of street names retained from the original GTA San Andreas version of Los Santos.
- A Police Maverick or a Buzzard can occasionally be seen flying around above Grove Street.
- It is likely based on Spruce Street in Compton because of the cul-de-sac, the tree related name, and the fact that the Ballas (whom are based on the Bloods) occupy the area. In Spruce Street's case, the Tree Top Piru (Blood Gang set) occupy the street.