|For the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rendition, see Grove Street (3D Universe).|
Beginning at Davis Avenue in the northwest, crossing Brouge Avenue and ending in a cul-de-sac in the southeast, Grove Street is occupied by the Ballas. The street runs parallel to the Los Santos Storm Drain, and is close to the Maze Bank Arena. A vehicle garage is located at the end of this street, which can be purchased by Franklin Clinton. The area is somewhat deprived and has high levels of crime activity, with police helicopters often seeing patrolling the area from the sky.
Events of GTA V
Trevor Philips, Franklin Clinton, Lamar Davis, and his dog Chop arrive at Grove Street to conduct a drug deal with a Ballas gangster. Trevor becomes suspicious and asks to inspect the cocaine brick. Trevor snatches the brick from the dealer and discovers that the brick was actually an ounce of "drywall". A three-way firefight between Trevor, Franklin, Lamar, the Ballas and the LSPD ensues. Eventually, the trio manage to fight their way out of Grove Street and escape through the nearby storm drain.
Places of Interest
- Limited Service (accessible interior, corner of Davis Avenue)
- A letter scrap can be found in the back garden of a house in the cul-de-sac.
- A SMG can be found in the backyard of a house.
Grove Street is most likely based on Spruce Street in Compton because of the cul-de-sac, the tree related name, and the fact that the Ballas (who are based on the Bloods Gang) occupy the area. In real-life, the Tree Top Piru set of the Bloods occupy the street.
- During the mission Hood Safari, when the player approaches Grove Street, they will be able to see three men on bicycles riding away. The three men closely resemble Carl Johnson, Big Smoke and Ryder. This is a reference to the mission Sweet & Kendl in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, in which CJ, Smoke and Ryder escape the pursuing Ballas on bikes. In another reference to GTA: San Andreas, a Ballas member may shout a taunt ("The Families were kicked out ages ago") referring to the GSF control of Grove Street.
- Along with Vinewood Boulevard, Grove Street is one of only a couple of street names retained from the original GTA San Andreas version of Los Santos.