(Rear quarter view)
|Also known as||Driller|
Tunnel bore machine (by Lester)
|Vehicle type||Tunnel drilling vehicle|
|Body style||Tunnel driller|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
The Cutter is a large vehicle that is designed as a mobile tunnel boring vehicle. The vehicle features a large panel at its front end with 5 large circular blades. The blades are non-functional, and serve only as decorations. Its main body is rather generic, featuring only a small driver cab on the left. It is featured in a preparation mission for the final heist in GTA V, as well as being used in the heist itself (only If the "obvious" approach is choosen).
It's slow and somewhat hard to maneuver. The Cutter is able to perform sharp turns thanks to its rear-wheel steering. However, due to its large size, it may be difficult to drive in small, enclosed areas. Also, it can be a problem to control the vehicle at some points, as it may easily lose control when turning. It is obvious to say that the Cutter is a heavy vehicle and therefore is able to easily wreck vehicles with the boring panel and to push objects as well; at medium to high speeds, the Cutter can easily deal high damage to other vehicles such as popping their tires, dealing large vehicle deformation, and destabilizing them while driving. The Cutter is, however, a very slow vehicle, and is thus a poor choice to drive between large areas.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||40 / 64 (handling.dat)||
25000 / 55115
Mass cannot be observed.
The Cutter cannot be obtained through conventional means outside the missions Driller or The Big Score. The only way to obtain the Cutter is through editing a save file, but the player will not be able to save it in a garage because its large front end does not let it fit inside the garage's doorway. The player can save the Cutter by parking it in the parking spaces outside the Vanilla Unicorn strip club.
Strangely, if the player finds a way to spawn a Cutter, they will be able to take it to a Los Santos Customs garage and modify it, albeit with a very limited selection of modifications. The player must reverse the vehicle through the garage door, and once it enters at least half way, the Cutter will appear inside the garage.
- Seen in a preparation mission for the final heist, where it is on the back of a trailer the player must steal.
- Only driveable in the final heist, it doesn't spawn outside this mission.
- The Cutter cannot destroy solid/non-destructible parts of map, so if the player manage to obtain one, it won't drill anything or won't even slice a car, this is because the wall from the Union Depository was scripted to be destroyed.
- Unlike other construction vehicles, the Cutter lacks a radio, first person view, or cinematic view, just like the Submersible, these two, along with the Tractor, are the only three motor vehicles that lacks a radio. It still lacks a first person view in the enhanced version of GTA V, that makes the Cutter one of the few vehicles in the enhanced version that lack a true first person view.
- The design of the vehicle is somewhat strange, as real tunnel boring machines didn't use the Cutter's body. It's probably an original concept with the body of another machinery.
- The Cutter featured on the truck trailer is actually not a Cutter, but a prop that acts as a part of it.