Hammer in GTA V
|Appearance(s):|| Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
Grand Theft Auto V (Special & Collector's Edition only)
Grand Theft Auto Online (Special & Collector's Edition Only)
|Available from:|| Bunch of Tools (GTA Vice City)|
Ammu-nation (GTA V)
|Price:|| $20 (GTA Vice City)|
Free (GTA V)
- "All steel construction, full polish tool with head and handle forged in one piece."
- — GTA Vice City Website
- "A robust, multi-purpose hammer with wooden handle and curved claw, this old classic still nails the competition."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The Hammer is a melee weapon featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and the Special or Collector's Editions of Grand Theft Auto V (it can however be permanently obtained in Grand Theft Auto Online by players without those editions). It was removed from Grand Theft Auto IV while it was in development; it can be still seen a few times in the game in the hands of construction workers and inside a few buildings, but it can't be used.
GTA Vice City
The hammer has a short range but deals a good amount of damage, causing the person being attacked to collapse. The hammer can be purchased from any melee weapons store for $20 and can be stolen from builders after they are killed.
Grand Theft Auto V
The hammer appears in GTA V as a free melee weapon at all Ammu-Nation shops for those who have purchased either the Special or Collectors edition of the game. It is fairly powerful, being comparable to the Crowbar, but it can be swung much faster and the longer range allows the player (if timed right) to be able to hit a sprinting person, which makes it useful in a number of scenarios. If swung from the correct range, the hammer may connect with the victim's face, knocking them out instantly or even killing them. It is also capable of denting and removing parts of vehicles to the point of setting them on fire, however this takes some time.
While in singleplayer it can only be obtained for players with the aforementioned editions, in GTA Online the Hammer can be dropped by players and grabbed by others - And, if done so, it will be kept permanently on his/her inventory, even if the player who grabbed the Hammer doesn't have the Special or Collectors edition.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Washington Beach, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Bunch of Tools for $20.
- North Point Mall, Vice Point, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Tooled Up for $20.
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from Screw This after completion of Phnom Penh '86 for $20.
- In the third storyline mission of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Jury Fury, Tommy Vercetti uses a Hammer to damage one of the lawyers cars.
- In the mission The Fastest Boat in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, one of the workers protecting the boat uses a Hammer.
- The Hammer, along with the Screwdriver and MP5, are the only weapons in GTA Vice City that do not have a spawn point in the city and have to be purchased.
- The appearance of the Hammer in GTA Vice City seems to be inspired on the hammers present in the movie and multiple artworks from the Pink Floyd album The Wall.