|Appearance(s):|| Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
Grand Theft Auto IV (BETA)
Grand Theft Auto V (Special & Collectors only)
Grand Theft Auto Online (Special & Collectors Only)
|Available from:|| Bunch of Tools (GTA Vice City)|
Ammu-nation (GTA V)
|Price:|| $20 (GTA Vice City)|
Free (GTA V)
- "All steel construction, full polish tool with head and handle forged in one piece."
- — GTA Vice City Website
The hammer has a short range but deals a good amount of damage, causing the person being attacked to collapse. The hammer can be purchased from any store that sells melee weapons for $20 and stolen from builders after they are killed.
The hammer was removed from GTA IV, although, it can be still seen a few times in the game, in the hands of construction workers. It can be also found inside a few buildings, but it can't be used.
Grand Theft Auto V
The hammer appears in GTA V as a free melee weapon at all Ammu-Nation shops for those who have purchased either the special or collectors edition of the game. It's power remains pretty much the same as it was in Vice City but the range is longer allowing the player (if timed right) to be able to hit a sprinting person which makes it useful is a number of scenarios.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Washington Beach, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Bunch of Tools for $20.
- North Point Mall, Vice Point, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Tooled Up for $20.
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from Screw This after completion of Phnom Penh '86 for $20.
- In the third storyline mission, Jury Fury, Tommy Vercetti uses a Hammer to damage one of the lawyers cars.
- In the mission The Fastest Boat, one of the workers who was protecting the boat, uses a Hammer.
- The Hammer, along with the Screwdriver and MP5, are the only weapons in GTA Vice City that do not have a spawn point.
- The appearance of the Hammer in GTA Vice City seems to be inspired on the hammers present in the movie and multiple artworks from the Pink Floyd album The Wall.