- "The heavyweight champion of the magazine fed, semi-automatic handgun world. Delivers accuracy and a serious forearm workout every time."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The handgun's design appears to be that of a modern tactical handgun. It features a small grip safety to prevent accidental discharge, a small rear right and a full-length tactical rail underneath. The Heavy Pistol resembles the Entreprise Wide Body 1911.
The Heavy Pistol has high damage per shot, with semi-automatic firing rate. Its damage is less than the Pistol .50 but boasts a much larger 18 round magazine with a 36 round magazine with an extended clip like the AP Pistol. Such high ammo capacity, combined with its semi-automatic rate of fire makes the clip almost impossible to empty "by mistake" in a real combat situation. It also has higher accuracy and effective range than other pistols making this an effective weapon at mid and close range. However its rate of fire appears to be slightly lower than other pistols despite what its stats say, most likely due to its higher recoil. Against a police officer or gang member the Heavy Pistol typically kills its target with 2-3 body shots but it's not uncommon to instantly kill a target with a single shot.
In FPS view, its red dot sights are more intuitive and less obstrusive than other pistols' iron sights, although lacking accuracy.
- Default clip (18 rounds) - Equipped by default
- Rounds x36
- Extended clip (36 rounds)
- Black tint - Equipped by default
- Army tint
- Green tint
- Orange tint
- LSPD tint
- Pink tint
- Gold tint
- Platinum tint
- The Heavy Pistol is equipped with a red dot sight, though it is purely cosmetic. However, for the PS4/XB1/PC version of the game, it serves as an accuracy device in first-person mode.
- Due to its rather large ammunition capacity, the magazine would have to be double stacked, resulting in a bulkier grip.