|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Weapon type:||Sniper Rifle|
|Ammunition capacity:||6 rounds per magazine|
The Heavy Sniper is a semi-automatic sniper rifle that makes its debut appearance in Grand Theft Auto V.
DesignThe weapon is based on the high caliber Barrett M82 rifle, more specifically the M82A1. The in-game model appears to have ten round magazines. Unlike the M82 rifle family, the heavy sniper features an elevated picatinny rail instead of having it integrated into the handguard. The model has a large muzzle brake, which appears to be from the M82A3/ M107, slightly altered however. The stock is also altered slightly from that of the M82A3.
Contrary to the appearance of the ten round magazine on the model, magzines have a capacity of six rounds (as opposed to ten for the standard sniper rifle), but with a higher rate of fire (although the fire rate is much slower than the Combat Sniper from the previous games). Thanks to the employment of .50 BMG cartridges, the heavy sniper is capable of very high damage per round.
- This gun has the highest non-shotgun non-explosive damage per shot. In GTA Online, a single shot in the chest is enough to kill players up to level 100.
- You can take down a Police Maverick with two shots to the tail rotor.
- Unlike the regular Sniper Rifle, the Heavy Sniper cannot be equipped with a suppressor.
- The Heavy Sniper comes with an Advanced Scope as standard.
- Due to an oversight, replacing the advanced scope with the standard scope is free, but re-equipping the advanced scope costs money.
- The Heavy Sniper appears in Max Payne 3, another Rockstar game.
- The Heavy Sniper is used in Caida Libre in the black van. If Michael's sniper is tinted, it will be tinted in the same color.
- Unlike the events of the mission, you cannot take down a Shamal with 4 shots from the Heavy Sniper. However, this is how many shots are required to disable a Velum with.
- Due to an oversight, the sound of bolt being cycled can be heard after every shot, despite the weapon being semi-automatic.