Color is a great tool for helping to make your community stand out as well as better match your wikia's topic and theme.
The most common way to define a color is to use its name or hex code. To use a particular color, take the name or hex code below and add it where appropriate. If for example you want to add it as a button color in the Theme Designer, copy over the hex code of that color, and add it to the input field on the customize tab.
There are two main types of colors that are preferred, HTML and X11 color names.
HTML color names
The HTML 4.01 specification defines sixteen named colors, as follows (names are defined in this context to be case-insensitive; the table is alphabetically ordered):
These 16 were also specified as sRGB and included in the HTML 3.0 specification
The neon colors are a typical type of colors that glow on certain pages depending on what color the theme is used through Theme Designer.
|Rainshower||#C9FFE5||Screamin' Green||#66FF66||Blizzard Blue||#A3E3ED|
|Purple Pizzazz||#FE4EDA||Psychedelic Purple||#FA00FF||Electric Violet||#8B00FF|
|Electric Lime||#CCFF00||Razzle Dazzle Rose||#FF33CC||Snowy Mint||#D6FFDB|
|Electric Purple||#BF00FF||Flamingo Pink||#FF66FF||Hot Magenta||#FF00CC|
|Infra Red||#FF496C||Neon Carrot||#FFA343||Laser Lemon||#FFFF66|
|Chartreuse Yellow||#DFFF00||Phlox||#DF00FF||Shocking Pink||#FC0FC0|
X11 color names
In addition, a number of colors are defined by web browsers. A particular browser may not recognize all of these colors, but as of 2005 all modern general-use browsers support the full list. The list of web "X11 colors" from the CSS3 specification, along with their hexadecimal and decimal equivalents, is shown below, compare the alphabetical lists in the W3C standards. You can learn more about X11 color names on Wikipedia. 
- Web colors in Wikipedia, upon which this page was based.
- http://ficml.org/jemimap/style/color/wheel.html - 4096 Color Wheel.
- http://www.colblindor.com/color-name-hue/ - Color Names and Hue by Colblindor.
- Editing your wikia's look with the theme designer.
Further Help & Feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Wikia Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Wikia for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article