(Rear quarter view).
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and 1 passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA Vice City|
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
The Hermes, appearing as a two-door coupe, is distinguishable by its large body but seemingly small occupant visibility. The Hermes is based on a 1949/1950 Mercury Custom (judging by the taillights), the car is evidently modified with its roof chopped down, enhancing the vehicle's lead sled-like appearance; compared to the '49 and '50 Mercuries, it has an additional pair of taillights. It is unusual in that it has front wheel drive (very rare in American cars of the period) and it can't be blown up with a gas-tank shot like most cars in GTA San Andreas.
The car's performance could be described as average; its acceleration is underwhelming, but it has a moderate top speed. The car is also prone to understeer, owing to its size and small tires. In GTA San Andreas the brakes are extremely inefficient and are amongst the worst in the game. As it only has two doors, the Hermes can only seat two, making it unsuitable for drive-bys.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
The Hermes can only be modified at TransFender.
- Wheels (ten types)
- Nitro (All)
- Bass Boost
- "Hermes" is the Greek name for the Roman god Mercury, which is also the name of the car it is based from.
- The Hermes plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- The Hermes has a slight resemblance to the Broadway, only being a hardtop.
- Even though the Hermes in GTA Vice City Stories has dual exhaust pipes, the exhaust fumes are only coming through the right pipe.
- Umberto Robina waits for Victor to back drives this Hermes in Balls.
In GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, the Hermes is commonly seen around Vice City. In GTA San Andreas, the Hermes is mostly a gang car for the Los Santos Vagos and the Varrios Los Aztecas, and as such, it can be seen on their respective turfs.
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Parked near Apartment 3C.
- Commonly spawn around Ocean Beach, usually in the Ocean Drive, Washington Beach and Vice Point.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- As is the gang car of the Los Santos Vagos it is commonly found on their turfs which are: Las Colinas, Los Flores, and East Beach.
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories