Hit The Courier
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Vice City Print Works, Little Havana|
|Target:||Counterfeit Plate Courier|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Asset generates up to $8000 daily
|Unlocks:||Cap the Collector|
|Unlocked by:||Spilling the Beans|
- "Depending on how well this goes, we may have five minutes to print the money before the counterfeit syndicate finds us or we may have all year. Either way, I want green rolling off the presses five minutes after I get back. Got it?"
- ― Tommy Vercetti
After finding out about the counterfeit plates, Tommy sets out to intercept them from a courier landing in Viceport. After a brief conversation with Lance and Earnest, he leaves for Viceport. Upon arriving at the docks, he is attacked by several armed women whom he kills. He then waits for the courier who arrives in a Maverick with another bodyguard. He kills both of them, and grabs the chips. Afterwards, he returns to the Print Works. After the mission has been completed, the Printworks will drop daily $8000.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The counterfeit plates courier is arriving at the docks in a helicopter any second now
- The courier with the plates has arrived at the docks
- The courier has died and dropped the plates, get to them before anyone else
- You have the counterfeit plates. Take them to the print works
- There is a very easy way to finish the mission: observing the way that the courier passes, you can kill it using a sniper rifle. She will fall dead on the floor and you can use the black Sentinel to reach the Print Works avoiding the other women who pursue you in the two other Sentinels.
- The guards will track and attack you regardless of your location or timing, leaving the courier at the docks, it is not necessary to visit the docks immediately. Take advantage of the guard behavior. For example, it is easy to take a helicopter to an isolated rooftop and toss a grenade or two to eliminate them as they gather beneath you (even shooting one another in an unintentional assist.) After clearing the roving gaurds, with the helicopter land on the nearby ship then progressively nearer roof tops, use the sniper rifle to eliminate the remaining stationary guards. Do not shoot the courier! under the pink arrow, she is unarmed, harmless and attracted to you. Once all the guards are dead, you can safely kill her at your leisure as she follows you. You can even go to the printworks where she will eventually catch up, bringing the plates, where you can kill her for the briefcase.
- The courier possibly may get trapped within a building or structure. Simply increase your distance (run away) and she will jump out. Don't kill her while trapped, the briefcase then becomes unrecoverable.
- The target in this mission drives a unique black Sentinel. This is very difficult to take from her due to the large amount of people guarding her, and because the doors are locked which means you have to snipe her out of the car in order to be able to get in.
- If you shoot the helicopter, the mission will fail. Strangely, the game will say "Mission failed! The plates were destroyed by the explosion", even if it didn't explode.
- If you follow the courier in her path, she will lead you to the location where the syndicate can print the money.
- Even though they were in fact all female, the courier and guards are all referred to as if they were male, using words such as he, him, and his, implying either a grammar error or that they were male at one point in development, but the text forgot to be finalized.
- It is ironic that Tommy ambushes the deal, which takes place at the same location where the deal in the beginning of the game takes place at; The location is notable for being the place Victor Vance is killed at.
|iPad 2 Version|