Hit The Courier
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Little Haiti, Vice City|
|Target:||Counterfeit Plate Courier|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Player's death|
Letting the courier reach his destination
The evidence being destroyed
Asset generates up to $8000 daily
|Unlocks:||Cap the Collector (with Cop Land and the completion of four other assets)|
|Unlocked by:||Spilling the Beans|
- "Depending on how well this goes, we may have five minutes to print the money before the counterfeit syndicate finds us or we may have all year. Either way, I want green rolling off the presses five minutes after I get back. Got it?"
- ―Tommy Vercetti.
After finding out about the counterfeit plates, Tommy sets out to intercept them from a courier landing in Viceport. After a brief conversation with Lance and Earnest, he leaves for Viceport. Upon arriving at the docks, he is attacked by several armed women whom he kills. He then waits for the courier who arrives in a Maverick with another bodyguard. He kills both of them, and grabs the chips. Afterwards, he returns to the Print Works. After the mission has been completed, the Printworks will drop daily $8000.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The counterfeit plates courier is arriving at the docks in a helicopter any second now
- The courier with the plates has arrived at the docks
- The courier has died and dropped the plates, get to them before anyone else
- You have the counterfeit plates. Take them to the print works
- There is a very easy way to finish the mission: observing the way that the courier passes, you can kill it using a sniper rifle. She will fall dead on the floor and you can use it use the black Sentinel to reach the Print Works avoiding the other women who pursue you into two other cars Sentinel.
- The target in this mission drives a unique black Sentinel. This is very difficult to take from her due to the large amount of people guarding her, and because the doors are locked which means you have to snipe her out of the car in order to be able to get in.
- If you shoot the helicopter, the mission will fail. Strangely, the game will say "Mission failed! The plates were destroyed by the explosion", even if it didn't explode.
- If you follow the courier in her path, she will lead you to the location where the syndicate can print the money.
- Even though they were in fact all female, the courier and guards are all referred to as if they were male, using words such as he, him, and his, implying either a grammar error or that they were male at one point in development, but the text forgot to be finalized.
|iPad 2 Version|