The Holiday Gifts (Most commonly known as The Christmas Update) were a set of temporary extras added to Grand Theft Auto Online. These were installed in the 1.08 update, but were only made available on the December 24th.
The items however, expired on January 5th, 2014
- New Christmas-based clothing, such as Santa hats, elf jackets and popular Christmas characters masks, all added for free in the character's wardrobe.
- Discounts on some items, such as luxury sedans, winter clothing, vehicle musical horns and others.
- A snowfall occurred on the 25th of December, resulting in Los Santos and Blaine County being fully covered in snow for the day. It was later reverted back to normal, amid receiving negative reactions from users upon encountering snowfall being removed.
- While the clothes can no longer be obtained in-game, if the player has kept them on since the update they won't disappear. Changing them will make them unavailable though.
- This is the first holiday-themed update, the second being the Valentine's Day Massacre Special and the third being the Independence Day Update.
- This is also the first GTA V DLC which has a limited time. The second being the Valentine's Day Special and the third being Independence Day Special.
- Unlike Valentine's Day Massacre and Independence Day Special, this limited DLC has the shortest time. Only about 12 days.
- It is likely the snowfall will return in December 2014, however because of the negative reactions it is doubtful.