- "I just want you to go pick up your brother."
- ― Mike Toreno
Home Coming is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by government agent Mike Toreno from Madd Dogg's Crib in the Mulholland district of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Inside the recording studio, Carl is on the phone discussing business, when Toreno takes it from his hand and ends the call. He tells Carl he has one final job before he leaves Carl alone. Carl then says he is tired of working for Toreno and threatens to kill him; the situation is disarmed when Carl's phone rings and, after being prompted by Toreno, Carl answers it. On the other end is his brother, Sweet. Realizing that Toreno has delivered his promise, Carl asks him what the "little job" is. Toreno tells him to go pick up his brother.
When Carl arrives at the Los Santos Police Headquarters in Pershing Square, he is greeted by the newly freed Sweet. Carl tells him how he's moved up in the world, owning a business in San Fierro, a stake in a casino, and a mansion. Sweet is not impressed and demands to be taken back to Grove Street.
Upon arrival in Grove Street, Carl and Sweet see that the neighborhood has been taken over by baseheads/crack addicts, drug dealers, and the Ballas. Carl wants to abandon the place and go home, but Sweet tells him that his home is right here in Grove Street. Together the brothers clear out the drug dealers populating the area and reclaim Grove Street from the Ballas, taking the first steps to re-establishing the Grove Street Families in Los Santos.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Pick up Sweet from the Precinct
- Drive Sweet to Grove Street
- Take the hood back from the Ballas and clean out the Dealers
- Now take back the hood
It is advised to get an armor and full health before starting this mission.
After cutscene ends go and pick up Sweet and then drive to Grove Street. Sweet will tell you to kill drug dealers. Use weapons like SMG or Machine gun to kill the drug dealers from a little distance. Try to save your armor for the battle with the Ballas. Once all are dead, Kill 3-4 Ballas to start a gang war. It should be noted that this gang war is a little harder than other gang wars. Once the war starts , get ready with an AK-47 or M4. Kill gangsters quickly by shooting in the head. Also, stay around Sweet and protect him. If he dies the mission will fail. Collect health and armor after every wave. Win the territory to pass the mission.
- The reward for this mission is an increase in respect. The missions Cut Throat Business and Beat Down on B Dup are unlocked, as well as the ability to conduct gang warfare, which has been disabled since the Green Sabre mission, the cash point at the Johnson House functions once again, also having been disabled since the Green Sabre mission and Grove Street members control and spawn on Grove Street and the rest of Ganton once again.
Post-mission phone call script
Catalina: Hello, Claude, baby. I thought I call to say how much I love you and how well endowed you are!
Carl Johnson: Yo, Catalina, it's Carl. I think you got the wrong number.
Catalina: Oh, Carl! So sorry, it is such an easy mistake to make, especially when I am so light-headed with love, and lust.
Carl Johnson: Yeah, well I,-
Catalina: No time, byeeee!
- Completing this mission reactivates the gang warfare element of the game. As such, as Carl takes over more territories, the more territories will periodically come under attack requiring Carl's attention. In addition, if Carl dated Denise Robinson, his obligations to her will also resume in full as he is expected to spend more time in Los Santos.
- The weapons used by enemy gang members during warfare have been upgraded since getting kicked out of Los Santos earlier in the game. They will now use Micro Uzis, MP5s and AK-47s; instead of Baseball Bats, Pistols and Tec-9s.
- There is a glitch where if you finish the mission while you are driving the black Vincent, you will be wasted but your health bar will actually be full. This is because the game removes the Vincent when the mission is at its end.
- The scene where Carl threatens to kill Toreno can be different depending on what type of pistol Carl has before starting.
- On Sweet's luggage, there is a Rockstar Games logo, like Carl's suitcase in the First Mission.
- There is always a black Vincent, along with a random car, parked outside the garage doors of the Madd Dogg's Crib.
- While attacking the Ballas in the gang war, only Grove Street will be flashing on the radar. After the mission all of Ganton will be under control.
- The mission's name is a reference to "homecoming", a type of high-school dance.