Hossan Ramzy (Arabic: حسن رمزي) is an Egyptian merchant seaman, Niko Bellic's former shipmate and friend from the Platypus in Grand Theft Auto IV. In the game's introduction, he expresses a desire to "make a go of it" and enter the United States to live the American Dream. In an e-mail, Hossan says that he has jumped ship in Florida, and expects to reside there; eventually, however, he decides to head back north to Liberty City.
Niko meets up with Hossan in a random encounter in western Algonquin, where he works as a street vendor selling counterfeit purses and bags. During this encounter, he and Niko pursue and kill a man who refused to pay Hossan for his work due to his status as an immigrant.
- GTA IV
Hossan's Random Encounter
LCPD Database information
First Name: Hossan
Place of Birth: Egypt
- 2007 - Trademark Counterfeiting
- Recent immigrant to Liberty City from Egypt.
- Arrested selling counterfeit handbags in Suffolk.
- Hossan's e-mail address is HOSSAN75@grypa.org, this shows he was born in 1975, However his crime record shows that he was born in 1968
- Hossan claims in his e-mail that he jumped ship in Florida, despite the fact the Platypus is still docked in East Hook, and stays there for the entire game.
- The names Hossan is an Anglicized form of the Arabic first name Hassan. Ramzy is correctly Arabic. An authentic rendering of his name would be Hassan Ramzy, although, Hossan could also be said as Hossam, which is another Arabic name.
- His name may be a play onHossam Ramzy, an Egyptian precussionis and music producer whose song "Khusara Khusara" was sampled in Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin'".
- Like most characters in the game, Hossan will don a unique helmet when riding alongside the protagonist on a motorbike. His helmet is white.
- During his random encounter he will tell you to walk with him to Castle Drive to collect his back pay but when the cutscene is done he will ask you to get a vehicle. This most likely to prepare you for the car chase as a car is needed otherwise you will fail the mission. (Reward for passing: $500)