- "Hey! A Ballas posse is about to run up! They're heading up here right now!"
- ― GSF Member
House Party is the last mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by OG Loc from his house in the Ganton district of Los Santos, San Andreas. The first part of the mission starts at Burger Shot, and then the actual mission starts afterwards. The mission can only be accessed between 20:00 (8:00 PM) and 6:00 AM.
Carl goes to see OG Loc at Burger Shot in Marina, and sees Loc quitting his job as the janitor, which means violating his parole. Loc tells Carl that he wants to have a big party before he goes back into prison, as it may be his last chance 'to get heard'. Loc tells Carl to get ready for the party and then to get some girls. Carl can then gets some new clothes and a haircut while waiting for the party to start.
At 21:00, Carl gets a call from Loc, who asks Carl if he's coming to the party. Carl tried to get out of it but is persuaded to come over when Loc mentions that he's microphone is broken. Carl arrives at the Loc's House to find Loc's rapping his mediocre lyrics on an unbroken mic. Carl sees Ryder there, and the pair go outside away from Loc's terrible song. Carl and Ryder bump into Sweet and other Grove Street members. As they're talking, a Grove Street member rides in on a bike, warning the gang of an upcoming Ballas attack. The Grove Street gang gets ready to defend their hood by blocking the road with some cars, while Ryder runs off to get more back up.
The Ballas arrive and a massive gang shootout occurs. After getting rid of the first set of Ballas, more Ballas appear on top of the bridge above Grove Street, who are also killed by GSF. Another set of Ballas appear in the alleyway between Ryder's house and the Johnson house and in Ryder's backyard. More Ballas appear from around the surrounding houses in Grove Street, although Carl, Sweet and GSF successfully kill them all.
Upon celebrating their victory, the Grove Street members go back into Loc's house for the rest of the party, to which Carl states that the party got started when Loc stopped rapping.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Defend your hood from the attackers
- There are enemies on the bridge above
- Help Sweet defend against the last of the enemies
- The reward for completing this mission is an increase in respect.
Tips and Tricks
- Be careful shooting above Sweet while he is crouching, as he may stand up unexpectedly - and one headshot will kill him.
- Don't stand in the middle of Grove Street. After the first wave of Ballas, a 2nd and 3rd wave will try to flank CJ from the rear - keep to the sides so that you can focus on one concentration of Ballas.
- Sweet is immune to Ballas attack, so player won't need to worry about the Sweet being killed by Ballas, unless CJ enters a house, then Sweet will lose his abilities and will likely be killed.
- After the first cut scene at Burger Shot, the player can ignore completely the change of clothes and haircut and go straight to Loc's party.
- During the mission, two fireproof and bulletproof Tahomas with special attributes are used.
- During the cutscene, Ryder mentions that the homies are at the back of the house, but the homies are actually at the front.
- After this mission, the area under control stat will start appearing even if the player has not completed the mission Doberman (the mission in which ability to take over gang territories is unlocked).