Hung Out To Dry
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Hove Beach, Broker|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Shop Owner Dies Or Escapes|
|Unlocked by:||Bull in a China Shop|
- "Go on. Do what you gotta do, but remember...if you see a cop, you don't know me."
- ―Vladimir Glebov.
- "I see anyone, I don't know you."
- ―Niko Bellic.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the laundromat.
- Chase the shopkeeper.
- Ram the shopkeeper's van until he stops.
Head over to the Comrades Bar in Hove Beach. Vlad is talking to Mallorie over the phone until Niko walks in and then Vlad promptly hangs up. Once again, Vlad wants Niko to remind another borrower, a laundromat's owner Vlad calls a "Muscovski jerk", to pay his loan. After the cutscene is over, drive around the block to the laundromat. Head into the front and watch the cutscene as the laundromat's owner tosses a basket full of clothes at Niko as a means of hampering his pursuit.
The owner runs out the back and flees in a Laundromat van. Chase him on foot until you see the two cars (a Blista Compact and a Sentinel). Pick one and hotwire it. Drive after the laundromat owner and ram into his van until he pulls over and gives up the fight. Niko confirms that Vlad will soon get his money. The mission is passed with a phone call to Vlad.
- If the player fails the mission, Niko will call Vlad to inform him that he didn't catch the laundromat owner. Vlad responds in anger, stating that the laundromat owner will be a source of trouble for Vlad. As usual, the player may still retry the mission anyway regardless.
- Stealing or damaging the Laundromat van parked behind the laundromat, which would had been used by the laundromat owner to flee, would result in the player failing the mission, as the laundromat owner has been "spooked and escaped out the front". This is one of the only two ways of acquiring the van.
- If the player blocks the back door with a vehicle the laundromat owner would somehow get through the vehicle.
- The player can return to the laundromat at any time he/she wants to and can open the cash register for $10 to $200.
- The laundromat owner would later appear drinking beside Vlad at the beginning of the cutscene for Clean Getaway.
- This mission is one of the three missions in which the Laundromat van appears, the other two being: Luck of the Irish and Meltdown.
- Before going to the yellow marker at the laundromat, if you go around the back, the door will be locked shut, possibly because the laundromat owner has to escape from Niko.
- Another way to obtain the laundromat van is while you're chasing and ramming the van, you can shoot him, but doing so will also fail the mission. But the van will locked shut, you will have to move the van to your safehouse to save it.
- The Player will still get a wanted level for opening the cash register in this mission.
|Prev: Bull in a China Shop||Next: Clean Getaway|