| MISSION |
I Luv LC
|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Location:||Tony's Apartment, Little Italy|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Tony's car destroyed
Alerting the clubs security
- "We're in the great melting pot. We're not spics, or guidos or fags - we're proud Americans."
- ― Gay Tony
I luv LC is the opening mission for The Ballad of Gay Tony. The first cutscene of the mission intertwines with the robbery of the Bank of Liberty involving Niko Bellic, Patrick McReary, Derrick McReary and Michael Keane.
During a bank robbery in a Bank of Liberty branch in Chinatown (as depicted in detail during "Three Leaf Clover" in Grand Theft Auto IV), Eugene Reaper discusses his dangerous idea of fighting back against the bank robbers with Luis who was at the bank for his boss, Gay Tony. Luis dismisses the idea, but Eugene goes along with it, fatally shooting Michael and getting killed himself. Luis escapes alive and heads over to Tony's, where he first meets Rocco Pelosi and Uncle Vince, who comes to collect some money Tony owes him. Afterwards, Tony and Luis leave for the clubs, and Luis must later drive his friends Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas to their home, then go home himself.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in Tony's car
- Drive Tony to Hercules
- Drive Tony to Maisonette 9
- Hang out in the club
- Check out the front of the club
- Get in Tony's car
- Take your friends back to Northwood
- Go to your apartment
Complete the mission in 4:30
Take 0% Damage
Have less than 10% Car Damage
Once you get control of Luis, get into Tony's car. Drive to Hercules. When you get there, Tony will have a quick word with Troy, the doorman, about a special VIP coming to the club later that night. Once they are done, do a U-turn and head to Maisonette 9.Tony will head to the office to take of some stuff while Luis heads down staris to watch the floors. Welcome to Maisonette 9. You can hit the dance floor, grab a drink or two at the bar, or head upstairs to enter a drinking contest. Whatever you do, Tony will eventually call about some people causing a disturbance outside. Head back upstaris to the front door. You find that it's Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas, Luis' childhood friends, trying to get into the clubs, but are being denied by Dessie, the doorman. Luis will eventually get them to stop. Now get back into Tony's car and drive the two boys back to Northwood. Once you drop them off, the game instructs you to head home, to Luis' Apartment. Head to your apartment. Mission complete.
- Michael Keane - Killed by Eugene Reaper as an act of revenge for robbing the bank.
- Eugene Reaper - Killed by Packie McReary for killing Michael Keane.
- If security is alerted in Maisonette 9, Luis will fail the mission.
- During the opening you will see Niko twice (once in the bank and once driving in a car), and Johnny Klebitz once riding by on his bike, making this one of only four missions in the GTA IV Trilogy to feature all three protagonists. The others being Museum Piece, Collector's Item, and Not So Fast.
- In the cutscene of this mission you can see Niko's choice of a suit for the heist: it is the charcoal suit along with either the brown or black loafers from Perseus. It is hard to judge what shoes he is wearing. This remains true even in the PC version, despite the suit nor shoes not being available in that version.
- While Luis is crossing a road, Niko and the McReary's almost hit him in a Presidente. The color is random and will change from red to grey. This is inconsistent with the original storyline, in which the trio is directed to a Huntley Sport.
- In the opening scene, the subtitles mispell "mierda" or shit in spanish as "mienda".
- It is debated who the man seen leaving the club with Tony is, as some players say that it is Bernie Crane, while others claim that it's Phil Bell, and still others claim it's Eduard Borodin. Though it is confirmed that it is Bernie Crane because in his texture files the same suit shows up. The LCPD Database says that Bernie Crane is "involved in the gay nightclub scene", which encouraged the fact that it wasn't Florian Cravic/Bernie Crane because Maisonette 9 is not a gay club.
- The name of the mission is a play on the phrase "I Love NY", contributing to the fact that Liberty City is based on New York City and I Love Lucy, a 1950s American TV show.
- The scene where Niko almost hits Luis in a crosswalk does not occur in the original GTA IV.
- After the cutscene in Tony's apartment it will be night while moments ago it was day.
- This mission confirms that the mission Three Leaf Clover takes place during the day.
- During the beginning of the cutscene, Luis replys to Eugene saying, "It's Luis, man. I don't think that's such a good idea.". But during Three Leaf Clover, he reply's to Eugene by saying, "Luis...but this ain't such a good idea bro.".
- During one of the cutscenes Tony talks to Troy about a "very important client" visiting Hercules it is likely that this client is rapper Clay Jackson, who is later revealed to be closeted homosexual.
- The title I luv LC is unique as a mission name, in the way that it does not follow proper English language rules. "Luv" is a shortened version of the word "love", and the word itself does not start with a capital letter as it should.