|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Caligula's Palace, The Strip|
|Target:||Escorting Johnny Sindacco|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocks:||The Meat Business|
|Unlocked by:||Don Peyote|
Intensive Care is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Ken Rosenberg from the office at Caligula's Palace, located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Carl drops by the office and finds a problematic Rosenberg. Kent Paul persuades him to tell Carl his problems. Rosenberg narrates that things were beautiful before, but now, he is the middle-man of the three Mafia families - the Leone Family, Forelli Family, and the Sindacco Family - since no one would trust anyone else to run the casino. The families hate each other, so a hit between the families would be dangerous to him, as a family could blame him and he would be screwed. To make things worse, the Forellis learn about Johnny Sindacco, who is recovering from a coma caused by Carl himself at the hospital. Carl offers himself to move the body someplace safe, for Ken to not be in danger.
Carl heads for the hospital. Once there, he looks for Johnny - however, the receptionist says that someone else picked him up in an ambulance. Carl realizes that it must have been one of the mob families who took Johnny, so he takes off and finds the ambulance. He eventually finds the right ambulance. For Carl to take over the ambulance, he smashes the ambulance up a bit, forcing the Forellis inside to get out of the vehicle. Carl enters the vehicle and makes his way to the meat factory in Whitewood Estates. On the way, Forelli backup arrives, but Carl manages to avoid them. He then arrives at the abattoir - two Sindacco thugs then approach and pick up Johnny, who is in a wheelchair.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Find a ride and go pick up Johnny Sindacco from the hospital
- It must have been the Mafia that took Johnny, find the ambulance that contains Johnny
- Quick get in the ambulance before any backup arrives
- Drive Johnny back to the meat factory
- Tony, the bird says a line "I never fucked anyone over in my life who didn't have it coming to 'em" this a clear reference to the Scarface movie where Tony Montana says the same line. This could be why the bird was named after Tony Montana.
- During the cutscene, Ken Rosenburg says "I had the power, the money, the ladies", another clear reference to the Scarface movie where Tony Montana makes the famous "Power" speech to his friend, Manny.
- After Maccer says 'Eh, there's some top fanny down at the pool, Pabsy", during the cutscene, you could see Maccer masturbating while looking at the girl at the pool. You can clearly see his hand moving.
- Unusually, Carl is heard narrating at the end of the cutscene, commenting on the mission he has just been given. This is the first time in the game that he does this. Tommy Vercetti frequently does this in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Johnny is actually in the ambulance during the mission, however he sits with his eyes open, upright on the bench, like a passenger.
- Ken Rosenberg, a former lawyer, has his first mission involving ambulance chasing. Kent Paul refers to Rosenberg as 'that bonkers ambulance chaser' during the mission Back Alley Brawl in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- At the end of the closing cutscene Johnny is in the same wheelchair model as the one in Fishers Lagoon.
- There is a Patriot parked in the hospital parking lot, only for this mission. After this mission the Patriot disappears. Its license plate reads "H CARMAN". Which might mean "Hospital Car Man"
- One can acquire the Patriot when arriving at the hospital, but if they want to keep it, they will fail the mission since to complete it, the player must take the ambulance to meat factory.
- If the player uses the 'All cars have nitro' cheat in the mission, it is guaranteed that you won't be able to finish the mission. During the closing cutscene, the ambulance should back up a little bit so that Johnny can come out, but instead the ambulance somehow boosts while reversing, crushing the people behind the ambulance, causing the cutscene to stay like this forever.