In GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, players can find a film studio dubbed "InterGlobal Films" in Prawn Island, with few changes in between. In GTA Vice City, the studio serves as a pornography film studio for pornography film director Steve Scott, and is later bought by Tommy Vercetti. In GTA Vice City Stories, the studio is under the management of Reni Wassulmaier, who uses the studio to film commercials and "edgy" pop music videos before leaving Vice City to produce pornography in Europe.
Despite being associated with pornography shoots, the studio grounds, in both GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, seem relatively unrelated to pornography, including movie sets featuring battleships, a moon landing complete with an American flag (an apparent reference to conspiracy theories that American moon landings were faked, or fiction films about the moon are just popular in that world) and a mockup of a Liberty City street scene; a gothic scenery and a spaceship.
Besides its affiliation with crustaceans, the name of Prawn Island is a play on "porn" (or perhaps the internet slang "pr0n"), possibly in relation to the studio's preference to creating pornography in GTA Vice City.
"Crash!", a side mission, can be also accessed from here in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
Reni Wassulmaier's Missions
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there is also an InterGlobal Television studio in Vinewood, Los Santos. This may suggest that the film studio has expanded or shifted into television, or exists in conjunction with InterGlobal Films. In here, the player can find a Sniper Rifle.
- This is the only spawning point for the Coach in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
- The name is a reference to Universal Studios.
- The shark in one of the sets can be seen in the water when you beat all the missions for the studios.
- The shark seen during Vice City's asset missions and the way Steve Scott is obsessed with it is an obvious reference to the movie "Jaws".
- The counterpart of InterGlobal Television (GTA:SA ) in GTA V is the Backlot City.