(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Manufacturer||Karin (GTA IV)|
DesignIn GTA San Andreas, the Intruder's design resembles a early 1990s Subaru Legacy with the taillights similar to those of a 1982–1986 Toyota Camry (and the rear wheel arches are also similar).
In GTA IV, the Intruder, manufactured by Karin, is given a much more sportier higher class design, although the overall performance of the vehicle remains the same. The Intruder resembles the 2002-2006 Infiniti Q45 and the Toyota Corolla (E120) 2006-2008 but the rear seems based off a 1996 or 1997 Infiniti I30. It also has a few design elements from a 2007 Chevrolet Impala and 2009 Jaguar XF (headlights).
In GTA San Andreas, the car's acceleration and speed are highly lacking, despite the intimidating growl of its engine (likely at least a V6, judging by the size of the engine compartment). Being rear-drive helps, but the dismal torque is barely enough to climb a steep hill. Handling and braking are surprisingly agile, and seem wasted on the weak engine.
In GTA IV, the Intruder makes a return, this time with a 4.3L V8 powering the rear wheels and a five-speed automatic gearbox. Despite the rather sizeable engine, the Intruder is by no means a performance car; it takes over nine seconds to reach 60mph and has a top speed of 155mph (250km/h). In terms of cornering, the Intruder performs rather well. There is a slight hint of oversteer at lower speeds, which is perfectly controllable and useful when driving through streets. The suspension is rather firm, which aids its cornering ability but can make the car bounce excessively on rough ground. Braking is average, and ABS is standard on all models. The Intruder copes well in the event of a high-speed crash, but is not quite as strong as the size would perhaps suggest. Overall, it's fair to say the Intruder is best at cruising along at lower speeds; it's not a sports car, neither is it a luxury car.
In GTA IV, there is a special variant model of the Intruder driven by the Triads. Badged as the Intruder VX, changes include a special candy red paint job, a bodykit with side skirts and custom front bumper, as well as a yellow Chinese knotting attached to the rear mirror that denotes the car's association with the Triads. The visual modifications of this variant are based on the Junction Produce Infiniti Q45 bodykit.
Similary, a uniquely dark blue Intruder may be obtainable when it is requested by Stevie. It is located in Rotterdam Hill on Asparagus Avenue near the Liberty City Transport Authority building. The car constantly respawns in the same spot until it is delivered to S&M Auto Sales, so the car may be taken and stored at a safehouse before another is sent to S&M Auto Sales.
In some side missions, you can acquire a beige Intruder VX without a spoiler and Chinese knotting.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- It can only be modified in TransFender
- Nitro (all)
- Side Skirts
- Car Stereo
- In its appearances in GTA San Andreas and GTA IV, the Intruder plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- The Intruder in GTA IV has no reversing lights.
- Phil Bell owns an Intruder.
- Being based on foriegn cars in both of its appearances, the "Intruder" name likely parodies the foriegn cars as "intruding" on the domestic car companies that were already there.
- Intruder is based on people who are breaking and entering to steal items and kidnap someone.
- Intruder has no reverse lights.
- Intruder is in Grand Theft Auto V, but the appearance hasn't changed from Grand Theft Auto IV.
- GTA San Andreas
- Commonly found in San Fierro
- Occasionally found in Las Venturas and Los Santos especially in Idlewood
- The Intruder occasionally spawns sitting in the middle of the desert around Tierra Robada and the Ghost Town. This is probably a coding error or a misplaced stationary car.
- GTA IV
- The car commonly spawns in the City Hall, The Exchange, and Chinatown districts of Algonquin.
- Driving the standard Intruder around Chinatown will usually spawn the VX version.
- The modified VX version spawns generally in the same areas, as its where the Algonquin Triads have a presence.
- Phil Bell owns a light brown Intruder. It can be obtained in the mission Catch the Wave by simply driving in to a safehouse and driving Bell in another car.