(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle class (GTA V)||Sports Classics|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Price||$475,000 (Decommissioned Variant)(Story Mode)|
$375,000 (Decommissioned Variant) (Online)
- "Grease up the drive shaft because this hot number has curves in all the right places. A classic luxury grand tourer, the JB 700 has been the car of choice for drunken misogynistic British spies since 1965. Dust off the tuxedo, quip a sexual double-entendre, pour yourself a martini for the road, and stumble out as everyone in the room mutters what a turd you are. For safety reasons this vehicle's concealed weapons have been decommissioned."
- ―Legendary Motorsport webpage
The JB 700 is based off a mixture of the Aston Martin DB4, Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato, and Aston Martin DB5. The rear is similar to the rear of a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda. the grille and front lights come from a 2005 Ford Thunderbird.
This vehicle is specifically inspired by the classic Aston Martin DB5 driven by secret agent James Bond in several movies, most notably Goldfinger and Skyfall. Its name, JB 700, is a direct reference to Bond (his initials, and 700 is the 007 number rearranged).
The car features very strong British-Italian design elements from the 1960s. The front of the car has been designed in a luxurious manner and is made up of a prominent chrome bumper, below it there are three vents, the central vent being the widest. Above the chrome bumper there is a chrome-trimmed grille, which has horizontal chrome strips inset. The manufacturer emblem is centrally positioned just above the grille. Either side of this grille there is a main circular headlamp with a small turn indicator lamp beneath. The areas of the bonnet/hood behind the headlights are elevated and about two-thirds distance between the front face and the A-pillar, there are circular rear-view mirrors mounted on the elevated areas. In the lower bonnet/hood area there is a long, elegant, centrally-positioned scoop.
The side of the car is fairly straight, evidenced by how straight the main upper body line is. Behind the front wheel arches there are three pieces of chrome trim. The greenhouse area features very thin A and B-pillars, which have chrome trim. The C-pillar is long and smooth, and rear-side windows also have chrome trim. The rear wheel arch is located a short distance behind the front door. This grand tourer features chrome wire wheels wrapped in medium-profile tyres as standard.
The rear of the car is also dominated by the presence of a large chrome bumper, which spans the entire rear and also extends to the sides of the car as well. A manufacturer emblem is placed at the tops of the rear face. The license plate area is between the two rear lamp units and the upper edge features a chrome strip. Two small, circular exhaust tips are found beneath the bumper.
The car features dual semi-automatic guns mounted above the front quarter panels, caltrop dispensers under the rear bumper, a retractable bullet-proof shield just behind the rear window (not usable or featured in the game whatsoever), and the passenger seat can also be ejected through the roof of the vehicle. Unfortunately, these gadgets are not usable outside the missions Deep Inside and Pack Man (unless mods are used).
This grand tourer features a FR layout.The vehicle has a very high prone to oversteer as it loses a lot of speed when turning.This make it a very bad choice for getaway vehicle as it has a bad start and oversteer.This is one of the best drifting cars in the game following the Futo,Schwartzer,Vacca,Ruiner,Bullet and the Dominator.It's top speed is matched with the Stinger.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
8 seconds (5.8 seconds when tested)
140 mph / 225 kph (193 mph /310 kph when tested)
Front-engine, rear wheel drive
4 speed manual
- Can be bought for $475,000 ($375,000 in GTA Online) from Legendarymotorsport.net.
- The "movie version" of the JB 700, one of the five cars Devin Weston tasked Franklin Clinton to steal, features usable shotguns (Pack Man) and even the ejector seat (Deep Inside) inspired directly from the Aston Martin DB5 from the James Bond films. The license plate for the car reads "4G3NT" or "agent" showing more inspiration from Bond and his DB5.
- The Legendarymotorsport.net also describes the JB 700 as a vehicle for British spies.
- In Pack Man, is mentioned by its name.
- The license plate is also a reference to the long-awaited, upcoming Rockstar game, Agent.
- The name "JB 700" is a play on James Bond and his DB5. "JB" is James Bond's initials, while "700" is "007" backwards.
- The JB 700 has 3 different horns that change every game the player leaves and joins, unless a new horn is purchased for it. This also happens with most vehicles.
- The special license did not exist in the beta; it was a normal license plate with a random San Andreas plate number.
- The car's mounted gun may be a reference to a rare PS2 and Xbox open-world game RoadKill, which is also considered to be a GTA Clone. In this game, all vehicles (both civilian and gang cars) are armed with a similar mounted guns in the front as well as passenger-operated chain gun turret in the rear.
- The mounted gun also could be a reference to Grand Theft Auto 2, as you could install special machine guns in the fenders of the cars.
- However, these guns are non-functional outside of the missions.
- The gun can be obtained via save editing. But, no button on the controller can fire them as they are only programmed in the mission.
- After one of the first updates, is listed as "Decommissioned JB 700".
- This vehicle has the similar engine sound as the Sultan. Only being louder.
- The default radio station of this car is WorldWide FM.