Jazz Nation Radio 108.5
|Genre:||Classic Jazz, Soft Jazz, Smooth Jazz|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
- "Jazz from a time long before it became elevator music."
- — GTA IV Website
Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (JNR) is a Classic Jazz radio station featured in Grand Theft Auto IV and is hosted by Jazz musician Roy Haynes. In Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, JNR, Fusion FM and The Journey are replaced with a new station, Self-Actualization FM.
- Count Basie - "April in Paris" (1955)
- Chet Baker - "Let's Get Lost" (1964)
- John Coltrane - "Giant Steps" (1960)
- Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers - "Moanin'" (1958)
- Miles Davis - "Move" (1958)
- Charlie Parker - "Night and Day" (1957)
- Roy Haynes - "Snap Crackle" (1962)
- Sonny Rollins - "St. Thomas" (1956)
- Dizzy Gillespie - "Whisper Not" (1957)
- Duke Ellington - "Take The 'A' Train" (1941)
- If Niko switches to this station whilst in a car with Jimmy Pegorino or Phil Bell, they will comment positively, suggesting it is one of their favorites. The station can also be heard inside Jimmy Pegorino's home.
- An advertisement for Jazz Nation Radio claims that it is "at the end of the dial". However, K109 The Studio has a higher frequency.
- The station plays at the TW@ internet cafe in North Holland, Algonquin. In EFLC, the station is changed to Self-Actualization FM.
- Jazz Nation Radio can be heard in Drusilla's during cutscenes for Ray Boccino. In The Lost and Damned, the station is changed to Self-Actualization FM.
- Radio Espantoso, a radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories that plays Latin Jazz.