|Genre:||GTA III: Reggae, Dub|
GTA LCS: Reggae, Dancehall
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto III|
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
|Host:||Natalie Walsh Davis (1998) Horace Walsh (2001)|
K-JAH Radio is a radio station in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, which plays reggae music with Jamaican influences. The station is hosted by Horace "The Pacifist" Walsh circa 2001 in GTA III, and Natalie Walsh Davis circa 1998 in GTA Liberty City Stories.
In GTA III, K-JAH is run by Jamaican DJ, Horace "The Pacifist" Walsh. Playing Dub on the station, he makes commentary between and during songs about the conflict going on in Liberty City, encouraging citizens to be peaceful and listen to Dub. He will also comment on the SPANK problem in Liberty City, saying things such as "There's too much SPANK buisness going on" or giving shout outs to the Yardies telling them "To stay off the SPANK my brethren". It is also one of the few stations not owned by "Love Media", the fictional corporation owned by Donald Love, as seen from Horace's line, "We have no love for Donald Love, man."
In Grand Theft Auto: Advance, it appears as decorated around the Ammu-Nation. This is strange, considering Grand Theft Auto: Advance has no radios. It is located near the territory of the Yakuza in Liberty City.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a West Coast counterpart of K-JAH station, K-JAH West, appears. There is a reference by K-JAH West DJ to Liberty City, in lines: "...from Liberty City to San Andreas". Also in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the DJ gives a shoutout to K-JAH West saying, "this goes out to me Brethren on the West Coast", and eventually goes on commenting on K-JAH west's DJ Johnny Lawton.
- GTA III
- Scientist - "Dance of the Vampires"
- Scientist - "Your Teeth In My Neck"
- Scientist - "The Corpse Rises"
- Scientist - "The Mummy's Shroud"
- Scientist - "Plague of Zombies"
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Selah Collins - "Pick A Sound"
- Errol Bellot - "What A Wonderful Feeling"
- Kenny Knots - "Watch How The People Dancing"
- Richie Davis - "Lean Boot"
- Peter Bouncer - "Ready For The Dancehall Tonight"
- Richie Davis - "You Ha Fe Cool"
- Kenny Knots - "Ring My Number"
- Kenny Knots - "Run Come, Call Me"
Grand Theft Auto III soundtrack:
GTA Liberty City Stories soundtrack:
- In Grand Theft Auto Advance, despite the lack of changeable radio stations, the K-JAH logo can be seen on a building in Bedford Point next to the Ammu-Nation, along with the slogan "Reggae to rock".
- K-JAH West DJs Marshall Peters and Johnny Lawton Refer to Liberty City's K-JAH as K-JAH East, as the Station is broadcasted on the east coast. However, neither Natalie Horace Walsh or Horace Walsh in GTA LCS and GTA III refer to the station as so.
- In GTA III, when switching through stations, it only says JAH Radio. Despite this, the radio DJ will still say "You're listenin' to K-JAH Radio." This was most likely a developer's oversight.
- This is the favorite radio station of the Uptown Yardies.
- During the San Andreas Anniversary Weekend, it was possible to find a T-Shirt with the K-JAH logo in the random Special Crate drops in Grand Theft Auto Online as a wearable piece of clothing for the multiplayer character.